How to clear the cache of a Samsung Galaxy? Let’s see how it’s done. Have you ever thought about where all your preferences, temporary browser files, logs and other bits of apps are saved? Well, this information is saved in small files known as Cache. You should eliminate them from time to time. Surprisingly, many Samsung Galaxy users do not know how to clear the cache and it seems like you’re one of them.
Do not worry, we’ll help you. Today in this post, we will take care of how to clear the cache of a Samsung Galaxy. But before we go to the tutorial, let’s take a look at what the cache is and why we should clean it.
What is the cache partition?
The Cache is basically a system directory that contains temporary system data. This data helps you access some features and apps faster. But sometimes this cache actually causes clutters that become obsolete. Therefore, it is recommended to periodically delete the cache, especially when the operating system has just been updated.
Cleaning the Cache will not cause loss of personal data or settings. In fact, periodic cache deletion helps keep the device’s performance smoother and better. Now that you know what the cache is and why it should be cleaned, let’s take a look at how to clear the cache of a Samsung Galaxy.
How to clear the cache of a Samsung Galaxy
Method 1: Clear the cache by using recovery
To clean the cache of a Samsung Galaxy using this method, you must follow these steps carefully:
- First of all, turn off your Samsung Galaxy.
- Now start recovery mode by pressing and holding the Home and Volume button on your Samsung Galaxy device. On the latest devices press Volume Up + Bixby + Power together for a while and then tap on the screen.
- In recovery mode, use the volume keys and access the option to clear the cache.
- Press the power button once to confirm clearing the cache.
- Press the Volume Down key once to highlight the Yes – delete cache option.
- Finally, press the power button to start the process.
- Wait until the process is completed. When finished, press the power button to restart the Samsung Galaxy device.
Method 2: Clear the cache using the settings
To clear the cache on your Samsung Galaxy device using this method, you must follow these steps carefully. The names of the options/functions may be different depending on your device, the procedure remains the same.
- First of all, go to the Settings on your Samsung Galaxy.
- Here, touch the Memory/App option.
- Here you will see a list of apps.
- Just tap on data stored in the cache.
- Now, to clear the cache, just tap on Ok when you see a prompt displayed on the screen.
That’s all, you’ve successfully deleted the cache on your Samsung Galaxy.