By default, the Asus Zenfone bootloader is blocked. If you want to change your Asus Zenfone, you need to unlock the bootloader and only then you can get root permissions or install modified ROMs.
Asus Zenfone users have a chance to unlock the phone bootloader, but they must take the risk of this procedure on their shoulders. Once you choose to unlock the Asus Zenfone bootloader, the company says goodbye to the official warranty and after unlocking it is not possible to ask Asus official support on any matter related to your Zenfone.
These concerns do not matter to Android fans who have decided to take advantage of the real potential of their device. If you are one of these users, then this guide is for you?
Before deciding to unlock the Asus Zenfone bootloader, it is very important to understand what you intend to do exactly.
The phone’s bootloader allows you to upload the firmware to your phone and is responsible for checking the phone if it has been modified or is in its original form. Unlocking the Bootloader, on the other hand, allows you to load unprotected services on your phone.
Companies do not send phones with the bootloader unlocked just to ensure the security of the operating system on smartphones. By unblocking your phone’s bootloader, you agree to allow the installation of custom ROMs, custom recovery and anything else that changes your phone.
While there are some disadvantages to unlocking the bootloader, we also have the positive aspects at the same time. If you’re an Android expert, unlocking the bootloader will not be a big deal for you. As long as you know that the files you are flashing on your phone are not violating your security, do not worry.
There is a long list of applications that can add new features or improve the phone operating system, adding new elements and functionality. These applications primarily require access to the root to make changes to the system. To get the root rights of the phone, the bootloader must be unlocked. In short, to unlock all the hidden power of the phone, you have to say goodbye to the set bootloader block.
Assuming that Asus Zenfone users have a complete understanding of unlocking the bootloader, we can continue reading this guide.
How to unlock the Asus Zenfone bootloader
Unlocking the Asus Zenfone bootloader is very simple. Unlike other smartphone manufacturers, Asus has its own application for every smartphone model. All you need to do is download the Bootloader Unlock application for your Zenfone and then accept the Asus terms and conditions. Once you’ve done this, you’re free to break the locks. With this guide, you can unlock the bootloader of phones like Asus Zenfone 2, Zenfone 3, Zenfone 4, Zenfone 5, Zenfone Delux, Zenfone AR, Zenfone Laser and more.
Download Asus Zenfone ” Unlock boot loader” on your phone
- Go to the Asus Product Support page.
- Scroll down and select the product by clicking on “phone “. Now select the exact series of your phone with the model number.
- Now on the right side, click on “Drivers and Utilities“.
- A new page will open asking you to select your operating system.
- Select Android as the operating system.
- Now you can see a list of files for download. Search for ” Unlock boot loader” for your phone. If it is not displayed on the first screen, click “Expand All” to find it.
- Now download Unlock boot loader ( UnLock_ ………… .._ platform_rel.zip ) on your computer by clicking on ” Download ” and unzip it to get the APK file ( UnLock_ ……… ._platform_rel.apk ).
- Connect the phone to your computer and copy the unpacked APK file to your Asus Zenfone.
- Carefully download Unlock boot loader for your phone. Do not download a wrong tool as it may damage your phone.
- Backup your phone. Unblocking the bootloader will erase all data.
- Enable OEM Unlocking and USB debugging on your Asus Zenfone.
- You are doing everything at your own risk. In case of accidents, we can not be held responsible.
Unblock the Asus Zenfone bootloader
- On your Asus Zenfone, go to Settings> Security> Phone Administrator> Unknown Sources> Click on the option to activate unknown sources.
- Now, use a file manager and find out where the Unlock boot loader file (UnLock_ ……… ._platform_rel.apk ) was copied.
- Click on the Unlock boot loader APK file to install it.
- Once done, open UnlockTool.
- Read the Asus end user license agreement and accept it if you’re sure you want to unlock it.
- Now wait, let the application complete the procedure. After rebooting, your phone’s bootloader will be unlocked. That’s all.