If you’ve created a presentation with Keynote from your Mac or iOS device and you want to make it 100% compatible with PowerPoint, so that it works on both Mac and Windows, then you’ve come to the right place. In fact, in this article, we’ll show you a way to convert a document from Keynote to PowerPoint. If you’re curious about how to do it, then go on reading this guide.
How to convert a document from Keynote to PowerPoint
All Mac and iOS devices at the time of purchase come with some Apple applications. Among these, there is also Keynote, software to create presentations very similar to PowerPoint.
Since this is a completely free application and very easy to use, many Apple users prefer to use Keynote rather than “switch” to Microsoft’s PowerPoint. However, since this is an exclusive application for Apple devices, there may be some compatibility issues if you want to share your Keynote presentation with a Windows user. In this case, you need to convert the document from Keynote to PowerPoint so that you can transform Keynote for Windows 10.
Fortunately, there is an easy way to export Keynote to PowerPoint, to the point that it can be safely opened on both Apple and Windows machines.
Since Keynote is available on both Mac and iOS devices, I’ll show you how to convert your presentation from both a Mac computer and an iPhone or iPad.
How to convert a Keynote presentation to a PowerPoint presentation on Mac
If you have made your presentation directly on your Mac and want to turn it into a .pptx or .ppt presentation (and therefore compatible with PowerPoint) you will not have to do anything else but follow these simple instructions:
- After creating your presentation on Mac with Keynote, open it and go to File> Export to> PowerPoint …
- In the window that appears on the screen, you can click on “Advanced options” and choose between .pptx formats (compatible with the latest versions of PowerPoint) or .ppt (compatible with older versions of PowerPoint). After selecting the format, press the Next button.
Export button. Once the export process is complete, you can easily share your newly converted presentation with any Windows user.
How to convert a Keynote presentation to a PowerPoint presentation on iPhone or iPad
The process described above for Mac is pretty much the same for iOS devices if you are creating a Keynote presentation on an iPhone or iPad. Therefore, if you want to convert your document from Keynote to PowerPoint, all you have to do is follow the instructions below:
- On your iPhone or iPad, open your presentation with Keynote and heel the icon at the top right of the screen ” … ” and select the Export item.
- Select the PowerPoint format. Unlike the process of converting the file on a Mac, iOS does not allow you to choose between .ppt or .pptx formats, so the converted document will only be compatible with the latest versions of PowerPoint.
- Once the conversion process is complete, you can share it via email or iMessage, or save it in the iOS 11 File application or any other Cloud service, such as Dropbox.
That’s all. As you may have noticed, the conversion process from Keynote to PowerPoint is fast and simple. Furthermore, the procedure is almost identical and also works with all other Apple programs, such as converting a document created with Pages into a Word document.