Apple, since the first iPhone 2G, has never allowed the transfer of files, images and music via Bluetooth, preferring other services such as iMessage and email. But there are many iPhone users who would like to rely on Bluetooth for file transfer, because more immediate and faster. So, the purpose of this guide is to tell you a method that will allow you to send iPhone Bluetooth files to another iPhone or iPhone to an Android device.
As we said, from iPhone it is not possible to send files via Bluetooth to all devices, even if this has the advantage of transferring photos and documents without the need for an internet connection. Apple, realizing this limitation, with iOS 7 introduced a new function called AirDrop. Now you can find this feature integrated on all iPhones and iPads with version later than iOS 7. Let’s see how AirDrop works to send files, photos and contacts between two iOS devices and between iOS and Mac. As you understood, AirDrop works exclusively inside the Apple microcosm.
Send iPhone Bluetooth files to iPhone and iPad
AirDrop is a feature integrated into the iOS and MacOS operating system for the purpose of sharing any type of file between these devices. Do not try to send files from an iPhone to Android, because with AirDrop it is not possible. Sending iPhone Bluetooth files is easy with this feature. Let’s find out how to activate it and use it.
How does AirDrop work? It is a method that uses the device’s Bluetooth connection, but it also needs to create a stand-alone WiFi network. This means that WiFi must be turned on, but not necessarily the device must be connected to an external WiFi network. So, to send files with AirDrop, you have to activate this feature on the two iPhones that have to communicate, in addition you have to turn on both Bluetooth and WiFi. If you’ve done all this, go on to find out how to send iPhone Bluetooth files to other iOS devices.
How to activate AirDrop? The AirDrop function is enabled by default. If it was not, you can turn it on or off in two ways.
- Going into the Settings app. From here you can activate detection to everyone, only to your contacts or completely disable the feature. Go to Settings -> General -> AirDrop and select the item you are interested in.
- From the Control Center of your iPhone. Scroll down from the bottom edge to open the Control Center. After opening it, hold your finger on the network settings box at the top left. From the panel that opens, click on AirDrop and select the item that interests you.
Now you can share any file from the app via AirDrop, but only if the affected app implements native iOS sharing. You will be able to share photos, videos, contacts, etc. if the app appears to be able to share with AirDrop. If you use iOS apps like Photos, Files, Contacts, Notes, Voice Memos, and others, they all have the AirDrop function implemented. Just log in to the app and you’ll see the iPhones around you that have the AirDrop feature enabled. You will notice why the user’s photo will appear with iPhone, which you will need to have between your Contacts. For example, select the photo to send, click on the photo of the person to send it and instantly the photo will be transferred. Sending iPhone Bluetooth files with other iOS devices is easy.
It’s completely different if you need to share files from iPhone with an Android device. Let’s see how it is possible.
Send files from iPhone to Android
If you want to send a file from iPhone to an Android device, you can not use AirDrop. No problem, because there are other ways to share files, photos and documents between the two different operating systems, but without the use of Bluetooth.
To share files between iPhone and Android devices, third-party developers can help us, providing solutions that are also easy enough to use. To do this, you need an active internet connection and, depending on the speed of the internet, you can transfer any file. If your transfer speed is fast and uninterrupted, without further delay, let’s see how to share files between Android and iPhone devices.
- On Android you need to download and install the FTP Server app from the Play Store.
- On iPhone you need to download and install Documents 5 from the Apple Store.
Now follow these steps and you can transfer row from iPhone to Android and vice versa.
- Make sure that both devices are connected to the same IP or on Android activate the Tethering network and connect the iOS device to it.
- Install the FTP server app on Android without the need for any configuration.
- Documents 5 is the free file manager for iOS devices.
- Start the FTP server on the Android device, and click on the Start/Stop button on the screen.
- Now click on the second tab in Documents 5 and click on FTP server.
- Just type the IP that appears on the Android device in Host Bar and click Save.
- After the connection is successful, you will see all the files on the camera roll.
- Just select the folders and click on the Upload button.
- Now you’ll see all the selected data that loads quickly.
The latter solution does not use Bluetooth but the internet to share files. This only because there are no solutions that allows an iPhone to transfer files with Bluetooth on other platforms.
Other methods for transferring files between iPhone and computer
You can install the app on every device with different operating systems, view the other connected terminals and select the files to exchange. The condition is that all devices must be connected to the same WI-FI network.
Another app is Fast File Transfer, although aesthetically essential, it is the one that allows the transfer of files without any limit between Android devices but also from Android to iPhone via the Wi-Fi network.
The very interesting the feature of this app is that allows the transfer of files directly, without going through an internet connection. The application is not required to the recipient of the file, so the receiver can also be an iPhone.