Do you work in an office or you are a student Excel is a very important tool to keep business data it is always useful to learn Excel.
Here are ten useful keyboard shortcuts for everyday Excel, that will help you to save a lot of your time while working.
Change number formats
1. Decimals: To display two digits after the decimal point, highlight the desired cell and press Ctrl+Shift+1.
2. For an exponential notation, press Ctrl+Shift+2.
3. Is the number not recognized as a date? Press Ctrl+Shift+3.
If this does not work, the date format may need to be changed. This works with Ctrl + #.
4. To format the number into a monetary amount with a currency symbol and two decimal places, press Ctrl + Shift + 4.
5. To format a number into a percentage, press Ctrl + Shift + 5.
6. If you want a complete reset of all formatting, highlight the appropriate cells and press Ctrl + Shift + 6.
Additional tip: If you enter the appropriate commands again, the formatting is undone.
Format cell contents
1. To make the contents of the selected cell (s) bold, press Ctrl + Shift + F.
2. Italics content you generate with the keyboard input Ctrl + Shift + K .
3. Underline cell contents with Ctrl + Shift + U , strike through with Ctrl + 5 .
4. Create breaks within a cell with Alt + Enter.
Free tip: Most of the shortcuts also work with open source Office solutions such as LibreOffice.
And last but not least a matter of course, which can save the day: When working on a document for a long time, remember to save regularly, Ctrl + S!