If you have purchased a new music CD and want to transfer all the tracks to your iPhone, iPad or iPod, you need to know the procedure that is not always immediate. The easiest solution is to listen to these songs directly from Apple Music, but only if you have an active subscription, otherwise you have to necessarily follow the procedure of this guide. To get music on iPhone you will have to import it first into iTunes.
Most of you know how to do it, but not everyone is aware of the procedure to be performed. In this post I will tell you how to transfer songs from CD to iPhone or iPad to listen to them on the move. Since this is an Apple device, unfortunately you can not perform the procedure in a simpler way and we regret that we have to use iTunes for each action to transfer songs, add videos.
If you really do not know how to do, then do not worry, because the reason why we wrote this guide, is to help you transfer songs from CD to iPhone or iPad and listen to them wherever you are without inserting the original CD into the drive at home or by car.
How to transfer songs from CD to iPhone, iPad or iPod
- Open iTunes on your PC, if you have not installed it yet, download it from here. Now insert the audio CD into the CD or DVD drive of the computer from which you want to import the songs.
- You will get a video message saying: “You would like to import the CD into the iTunes library“. If you want to import all the songs click on “Yes” and automatically all the tracks inside iTunes will be downloaded. But if you want to import only some specific songs? In this case, follow these steps.
- In the iTunes window, click on the CD icon in the upper left corner.
- You’ll see a list of all the tracks on the CD, select only the songs you want to import selected, then select “Import CD“.
- In the next window, you’ll be in the Import settings, change the settings you want. Then select “OK“.
- If any song is already in the iTunes library, you will get a message if you want to replace it. You can choose “Replace Existing” or “Do not Replace“.
- Now you have to wait until all the music you have selected is copied to the iTunes library.
- Be careful, because if you are not connected to the Internet or iTunes does not detect the information on the CD, the tracks will be displayed as “Track 01”, “Track 02” and so on.
- Once the transfer process is complete and all the songs are in the iTunes library, connect your iPhone to the computer.
- Drag all songs or albums and drop them on the left side of iTunes where a new tab containing the music of the device will appear.
Finished. Now you will have all the selected songs on your iPhone or iPad to listen to them whenever you want, without the need to use the original CD. You’ll be able to create your favorite playlist on your iDevice and listen to it on the go with the integrated device on your Apple device.
We said that this is the only free procedure that allows you to transfer music to your iPhone, because paid you can find different solutions without using iTunes. One of these is Dr. fone or TunesGo.