Animal Crossing: New Horizons has a number of variations of objects and clothing available. However, it is not enough for some players who want to recreate iconic pieces to display on their islands or leave everything with their own identity, from the bedspread to the island’s flag. Learn how to create customizations of design in Animal Crossing: New Horizons.
- How multiplayer works in Animal Crossing: New Horizons
- 5 tips for making money in Animal Crossing: New Horizons
Customizations in Animal Crossing: New Horizons
The possibility to create pixel art images in Animal Crossing is available from the beginning of the game, using the Nook Phone:
- Access the Nook Phone by pressing the ZL button;
- Select the “Custom Designs” app;
- Select one of the empty spaces (or one you want to replace) and choose the “Change Design” option.
This is when editing the drawing in pixel art begins, for those who are familiar with the tool it will be easy. For others, it may take some time to understand how the construction of the image works. On the left side of the screen there is a preview of how the customization is getting.
These designs can be used to stamp various furniture available in the game, the island flag and also serve to create paths on the floor – in addition to those that are unlocked in the future -, I have seen some players using to create a picnic blanket.
What about clothing customizations?
Although it is possible to use these initial designs on clothing prints, albeit in a simple way. A little later in the game’s progress, as soon as the Able Sisters store opens, the player can purchase the “Pro Designs” kit at the Nook Stop, inside the Home Services building.
This Pro Design allows “tailor-made” customization of garments. With several models of T-shirts, blouses, coats, dresses, robes, hats and caps.
- In the same Custom Designs app, on the Nook Phone, press R to select the Pro Designs tab;
- Choose the model you want to customize;
- Start drawing – you can press the right analog stick to switch between the front, back and sleeves of the garment, if applicable.
Because of this it is possible to recreate some characters from the cinema or other games in Animal Crossing: New Horizons. Take Tomb Raider’s Lara Croft, for example:
These designs can be shared with the community. If you see a screenshot like the one below, it means that it is possible to redeem the garment by entering the code in the terminal inside the Able Sisters store.
With information: Blog Tomb Raider