When we talk about recording calls we immediately think of an illegal action. To some extent this is true, but there are circumstances in which recording a phone call is legitimate. Think about when you talk about work between two colleagues and you want to remember the information that is communicated, provided that both are aware of the recording. But there are also many other legitimate reasons why it is useful to use this function, especially on a smartphone.
For those who own a Huawei device, however, there is a method to record calls much easier and more immediately. Thanks to the installation of an interesting Mod released by an XDA member, it allows us to start a recording directly from the Dialer during a phone call. Needless to deny that many times you asked yourself, on some special occasion, if you could record a phone call between two friends or two colleagues. If you have a Huawei phone and do not know how to record a call, continue reading, you’ll see how easy it is to record a call on this device. Just follow the steps below and you will have the opportunity to record calls on Huawei.
How to record calls on Huawei, through the Huawei Callrecorder Mod
Recording calls on Huawei may prove very useful on several occasions. For example, in case you need to memorize important information obtained by phone without having to take note in writing. But not always the operation is so immediate and often requires the use of a third-party app. This does not apply, however, to the owners of a Huawei smartphone.
In fact, there is an interesting Mod that allows you to install a custom Dialer that incorporates, among the normal functions, also the option that allows you to start recording the call we are making. Potentially the Mod should work on any device of the Chinese company, but must be verified with each model. Here is the procedure to install it correctly on your smartphone and record calls on Huawei.
The mod, after downloading it, comes in the form of a zip package that will need to be flashed via a custom recovery like TWRP Recovery. So you need to have this recovery installed on your device. Be careful, because you need to install the version compatible with your Huawei smartphone, otherwise an incompatible version can ruin the device. In this site we have proposed several guides on this topic, for example, if you do not know how to install a recovery, you can read this general guide on how to install TWRP Recovery on Android.
Guide to allow recording calls on Huawei
- Download the zip package containing the Huawei Callrecorder app from this link;
- we copy the zip package on the memory of our Huawei smartphone;
- turn off the smartphone and restart it in TWRP mode by pressing and holding the Power + Volume minus keys at the same time until the logo appears on the screen;
- when a window appears, let’s tap on the “Install” item;
- select the package previously copied to the device, called Huawei Callrecorder, and make a swipe to install it;
- let’s restart the smartphone.
Once the device has restarted, our Huawei will be equipped with a new Dialer that will appear every time we want to make a call showing the option on the top left “Record“. Just press on it to start recording the phone call we are making.
The Huawei Callrecorder package should be compatible with any Chinese company smartphone. At the moment it has been tested and is fully functional on Huawei P10, P10 Plus, P10 Lite and P9. Let us know in the comments on which other Huawei smartphones work!
How to activate call recording on Huawei Mate 10 and Mate 10 Pro
If you have a Huawei Mate 10 and Mate 10 Pro phone, you can avoid installing a mod, because this function has been provided in the operating system for these phones, you only need to enable it. It is incomprehensible how some companies provide this function but then do not activate it by default. Probably because recording phone calls in some countries is illegal while in others it is allowed with some precautions. So they decide not to activate it for any country, but we see the procedure to unlock it on these Huawei phones and activate the function.
If you also can not see the function to record calls on Huawei Mate 10 and Mate 10 Pro, proceed as follows to activate it, without having to install third-party mods or apps.
- The Bootloader on Huawei Mate 10 or Mate 10 Pro must be unlocked.
- The Huawei Mate 10 or Mate 10 Pro must have root permissions.
- For security, make a full backup of the device first.
Procedure to activate call recording on Mate 10 and Mate 10 Pro
- First you have to download the HwCallRecorder.zip file to your phone by going to this link: Download | Mirror
- Now you have to copy the folder you previously downloaded to the Huawei Mate 10 or Mate 10 Pro. At the end you will see a folder called HwCallRecorder.
- You must open a File Explorer of your choice. You could use MiXplorer which is free: Download MiXplorer
- Open the File Explorer root and grant access to the root if necessary.
- Now copy the HwCallRecorder folder you extracted to the /system/app path of your Mate 10 root folder.
- Set the appropriate permissions for the folder and subfolders.
- Now you have to go to the Phone app. Click on the Menu icon located in the lower right corner of the dialer and select Settings.
- You have to scroll down to look for the automatic call recording option and activate it.
- You will also see the ‘Automatic recording settings‘ option. Click and select ‘All calls or numbers‘ from the list.
- Are you done. Now you can record your calls.
How to listen to phone calls recorded on Mate 10 and Mate 10 Pro
We have seen how to record calls, want to listen to them? This is also very simple. You must go to the Phone app> Touch the Menu icon in the lower right corner, now click on “Call Records” and listen to your recordings.