There are some applications for smartphones and tablets that allow you to create the home of your dreams directly from your mobile device. In this new guide today we have decided, therefore, to list the best apps to furnish and design home or interiors in a few simple steps and completely free of charge.
Anuman Home Design 3D
The first software that we recommend you use to design and create your 3D dream house is called 3D Home Design developed by Anuman. In particular, this application allows you to easily create, design, furnish and decorate your home and share it with a community of over 35 million users worldwide. The operation of the app is quite simple.
Let’s see together the steps to follow:
- Grab your Android/iOS device, proceed with the download of the app from the Google Play Store or from the App Store and launch it once the installation is complete.
- At this point, if you want to save the completed projects, you need to buy the full version of 3D Home Design by answering Yes to the warning that appears. If not, choose No and continue.
- After missing the initial tutorial by pressing Start, you can create a new project by pressing on the item + New project in the menu that appears at the top left after pressing the 3 dashes at the top left (again if you have purchased the paid version). Alternatively, you must first delete the various parts of the default project by selecting them one by one and choosing Delete at the bottom right.
- Completed this operation, use the side menu to add land, rooms, walls, doors, windows, shutters and so on through Architecture or sofas, tables, kitchen, bathroom and so on through Objects.
- Once the project is complete, you can proceed with sharing (only if you have purchased the paid version) by first pressing on the 3 vertical dots at the top right and then choosing Share this project.
Among the best apps to furnish and design homes or interiors we have decided to include also 5D Planner, very famous both on the Play Store and on the App Store. We are faced with an easy to use software that allows anyone to create wonderful and realistic furniture projects in HD mode both online and offline and in both 2D and 3D. Inside you can find a wide catalog of furniture items to plan your dream house but also for office or any other space.
Having said that, let’s see together how to proceed:
- Proceed to download Planner 5D from the Google Play Store on Android or from the App Store on iOS and start it once the installation is complete.
- Via the Projects screen, press on + New project (on Android) or + Create project (on iOS) or take advantage of the predefined projects made available by Planner 5D.
- Once you have created the desired project, you can choose to change the display from 2D to 3D (and vice versa) by pressing the switch between 2D and 3D on Android or by pressing on the 3D or 2D item at the top right on iOS.
- To capture a screenshot of the project, you can simply press on the top camera. Unfortunately, to use this feature you need to buy one of the paid packages from the starting price of 4.99 dollars for 20 snapshots to save on the cloud, 9.99 dollars for unlimited snapshots to save on the device and 19.99 dollars for 100 from store in the cloud.
- To start creating the home of your dreams, on Android, press the red + button at the bottom right and use the various tabs (Rooms, Constructions, Interior and Exterior) to add the desired elements such as doors, stairs, windows, beds , closets, office furniture, garages, trees and plants and so on. If desired, you can lock the panel by pressing on the pin in the upper right corner (present next to the magnifying glass). On iOS, instead, take as a reference the bar on the bottom left and choose Rooms, Constructions, Interior and exterior according to your needs. To further expand the screen, all you need to do is simply drag up the small gray line.
- By pressing the gear icon at the top right, you can adjust some settings such as the unit of measurement, the background to be applied to the project, the shadows and so on.
- If you want to save the project, on Android press on the downward pointing arrow (located at the top right), choose the destination folder and press the Save button. On iOS, instead, click on the gear, choose Share from the small menu of Tools and proceed with saving by tapping on Save to File.
Another excellent application to furnish and design homes or interiors using your Android or iOS smartphone/tablet is called Easyhome Homestyler. The software works in a very simple way since you only need to take a picture of the space to be furnished to turn your device into a virtual test room where you can test the colors of the walls, the furnishings and much more.
Let’s see how to best exploit it:
- First of all, proceed with downloading the app from the Play Store on Android or from the App Store on iOS and launch it once the installation is complete.
- At this point, click on the item Create new projects (on Android) or Create new project (on iOS) and register a new account or access an existing one using Facebook, Google or an email address (on iPhone and iPad you can use only Facebook or an e-mail address).
- After missing the initial tutorial by pressing OK/OK, choose whether to take photos of the interested party, choose a photo from the gallery using Images/Choose from the gallery, take advantage of augmented reality or press on Empty rooms if you cannot capture a photo. In the latter case, you can choose different rooms available such as bathroom, bedroom, dining room, children’s room, office, kitchen, living room, outdoors and so on. Once you have selected the desired environment, plug us up and then press the Design button at the bottom right to switch to the editor.
- Now, use the bar at the top to change the style of walls and floor, remove elements using the dustbin, add an empty room through the house with a + inside, save the photo by pressing on the camera, save the project by pressing on the floppy disk, share it by pressing Quota/icon sharing and so on.
- To add new elements to the room by taking them from the Easyhome Homestyler catalog, you just need to plug in the Catalog item at the top left on iOS or on the lower left armchair on Android and take advantage of the various proposals available to enrich your room. If you want, you can also help with the search field (on Android accessible by pressing the magnifying glass at the bottom right). Inside the catalog you will find different categories of products such as living room, bedroom, kitchen, dining room, bathroom, office and so on.
Best apps to furnish and design home or interiors: alternatives
In addition to the solutions listed above, it is possible to take advantage of alternative applications on your Android or iOS smartphone/tablet to create your favorite environment in just a few simple steps. Find the complete list below.
- SketchUp Viewer ( Android/iOS )
- Roomle 3D/AR ( Android/iOS )
- Magicplan ( Android/iOS )
- Floor Plan Creator ( Android )
- House Design Lite ( iOS )
- Home Designer 3D ( iOS )
- Houzz ( Android/iOS )