iOS is one of the best performing operating systems on the smartphone and tablet market, but only a small number of users can exploit its full potential. If you have just bought an iPhone or an iPad or simply want to learn how to optimize the use of one of the many mobile devices from Apple, in the following guide we will show you a series of tips and tricks that every iPhone and iPad user should know.
How to turn on and off an iPhone or an iPad
Although it is a rather basic function, some users may not be able to do it automatically, let’s see how:
- Press and hold the physical button that you find on the right side in iPhone 6 and later or up in iPhone 5 and earlier and iPad
- When it appears, scroll the extinguishing slider to the right
- Once switched off, press the button just used again, until you notice the appearance of the Apple logo
- If you have a password, you will need to enter it to unlock the device, followed by the SIM PIN
- If you do not have a password, just press the Home key.
How to make a screenshot
Whether you want to share something fun or need to save information, taking a screenshot of the iPhone and iPad have a shortcut that everyone should know, here’s how:
- At the screen you wish to save, press the power key and the Home key of the iPhone and iPad at the same time
- You will notice the screen show a white glow and if the ringtone is active you will hear the typical camera sound
- The screenshot will be saved in Photos.
How to set up keyboard shortcuts
This trick can save you time writing messages or emails with your iPhone and iPad, let’s see how:
- Open Settings, General, Keyboard
- In the new screen, touch the item “Text replacement”
- Press the “+” button
- Fill in the Phrase and Abbreviation fields and then press Save.
How to perform a hard reset
In some cases it may be necessary to reboot your iPhone and iPad and a Hard Reset is what you need:
- Press and hold the power button and the button to turn down the volume for at least 10 seconds
- When you see the appearance of the Apple logo, release the keys.
How to use the 3D Touch shortcuts on the Home screen
The 3D Touch can be crucial when you need quick access to a specific section of an application:
- Press strongly on an application icon
- In the pop-up menu that appears, tap the desired shortcut option.
How to close the sentence period
With this trick you can close each period faster:
- Access the Settings, General and Keyboard
- Press the switch next to the Abbreviation “.”
How to activate and deactivate the predictive keyboard
The predictive keyboard can have its pros and cons, so there is a quick way to disable it:
- In any writing app, start the keyboard
- Hold down on the small globe at the bottom left
- Check the switch next to the Predictive Keyboard item
How to view the history in Safari
Very often it may be necessary to go back to a web page you have visited in the past, here’s how:
- From the Safari app, tap and hold the Back (<) button in the lower left corner
- From the drop-down menu select the item you want to open again.
How to view and abort the recently closed panels in Safari
If you have mistakenly closed one or more tabs in Safari, there is a way to reopen them:
- Open Safari from iPhone and iPad
- Touch the square button in the lower right corner
- Press and hold the + key
- From the menu, tap the name of a recently closed panel.
How to configure a widget in the Notification Center
Widget can quickly provide instant information or shortcuts to open applications:
- Swipe right from the Home screen
- Scroll down and press the Edit button
- In the widget list, click on the green icon with a + next to the desired widget
- Once added, click on the three lines next to the widget name to change its placement
- Touch Fine.