On PCs and computers there are many emulators, if you want to play the games of Xbox and Xbox 360 on PC must necessarily read our selection of best emulators for Xbox and Xbox 360!
Xbox was a great rival of PlayStation and together they made the history of videogames. The titles released since the beginning of the 2000s and which continue to follow each other still today are impressed in our memories and have given us wonderful days and wonderful memories. We remember all the battles with Halo and Gears of War and if you too want to play the retro-games and the games of the console of Microsoft home you have arrived in the right place, here is the selection of the best emulators for Xbox and Xbox 360.
Best Xbox 360 emulators available for PC
There are not many emulators for Xbox 360. The only Xbox 360 emulator worth noting is Xenia. The software in question is constantly updated and allows you to emulate, in an immature manner, some titles for Xbox 360 in ISO format, XEX and XCP. For compatibility with the various games of X360 we refer to the compatibility list. The fully functional list of games is not very long but will allow us to enjoy some of the best titles released on the Microsoft console. The software is constantly growing and is certainly one of the emulators to keep an eye on. For optimal performance a system with these features is recommended:
- Operating system: Windows 10
- Processor: Intel Core-i3 or higher
- Video card: with at least 1 GB of memory
How to install Xenia on a PC
Installing the Xenia Xbox 360 emulator on PC is very simple, to complete the installation follow these simple steps:
- Open your browser and open the official Xenia website.
- On the left side bar click on Download and click on “Windows 8+ x64” to download thexenia-master.zip file.
- Open the file you just downloaded and extract the content into a new folder on your computer desktop.
- Double-click the xenia.exe button and proceed with the installation of the emulator for the Xbox 360 console.
How to use Xenia to emulate Xbox 360 games on your PC
- Once the software installation is complete, you can open it.
- Click on the top left on File and then on Open.
- From this menu you have to select the ROM of the game you want to emulate.
- Enjoy your favorite titles for the glorious 360!
From the settings you can modify as many settings as you like and change many aspects of the graphics and operation of the emulator.
Best Xbox emulators available for PC
With Xbox Microsoft has given birth to the number one enemy of PlayStation. Thanks to this great emulator we could play Xbox games on PC. The working titles are really many and the list of masterpieces to play is really long. To be able to fully enjoy the first Halo you will need a low-end PC with these features:
- Operating system: Windows XP or higher
- Processor: Dual-Core or higher
- Video card: with at least 1 GB of memory and compatibility with DirectX 8
How to install DxBx on a PC
Installing the DxBx emulator for the first Xbox on PC is really easy, to complete the installation procedure correctly, follow these quick steps:
- Open your browser and open the official DxBx website.
- In the top menu you can find the Download section, click and proceed to download the latest available version of the emulator.
- Once you have finished downloading the Dxbx 0.5 Release setup file (the 0.5 version is the most updated when I write the guide but could soon be released new versions) click on it and proceed with the installation of this emulator for the Xbox console for PC.
How to use DxBx to emulate Xbox games on your PC
- Once the installation is complete open the software.
- From the bar at the top left you can click on File and then on Open.
- From this page you can select the ROM of the game you want to emulate.
- Have fun with your favorite titles for the first Xbox!
Many settings and settings can be customized by navigating through the various program menus.