In this guide we will show you an interesting list of all possible methods to download videos from YouTube in minutes and without any difficulty. There are sites that specifically offer this function, applications for Android and iOS and also comfortable extensions to be installed directly in your browser. Of course we will show them to you all.
Download videos from YouTube for free with online services
One of the quickest and easiest methods to download videos from YouTube online is to use special websites. On the net there are many sites suitable for this purpose and all share the same functioning: simply copy the link of the YouTube video that you intend to download directly into the conversion box located in the center of the web page. At that point you just have to choose the format of the file to download, the destination folder and press the Conversion button to start the download.
In a few seconds the desired video is ready to be viewed offline from your device. When choosing the file format to download, remember that the higher the resolution you choose, the larger the space occupied on the hard disk. Below is the list of the best websites to download videos from YouTube for free:
If you are looking for the fastest way to download videos from YouTube, you cannot ignore Yout at all. This convenient website offers a really fast and innovative download service. Just remove the suffix -ube from the video link and press enter to be redirected directly to the main page. Let us give you an example.
- Original YouTube link: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=6PkcfQtigmU
- Yout link for download: https://www.yout.com/watch?v=6PkcfQtigmU
In this way you will access the window to download the video in .MP4 format with HD resolution.
Another good site to download videos from YouTube is ClipConvert. This web page is perhaps the most particular of all because it allows you to choose many options, such as the video format or the resolution and is therefore perfect if you want to get good results.
Among the various options available you can find MP4, 3GP, MKV and AVI as well as being able to also choose the audio format. Operation is very simple. As for the previous alternative you will have to copy the link of the video and paste it under the heading “Media URL”. Once this is done, you just have to press the “Start” button and enjoy the show.
The famous software house EaseUS could not miss the appeal between these services to download videos from Youtube for free! Those geniuses have thought of a small program (completely free) called EaseUS MobiMover. In addition to being a useful tool to transfer data from iPhone to PC, it also integrates a simple and convenient function to download videos from YouTube (and not only).
Among the functions we see: data transfer from iPhone to iPhone, from iPhone to computer and from computer to iPhone. Finally there is a tool with which to download videos via URL, to then transfer and encode it for iPhone at the same time. EaseUS MobiMover is free (for the transfer of up to 30 files per day) and available for both Windows and Mac!
Online Downloader is among the best solutions the web can offer to download videos from YouTube online. It performs download operations in seconds, allows you to get videos even in HD quality, is easy to use and above all it is free of annoying advertisements.
Downvids is a website that is simple to use, with a layout that may be revisited and with a little more advertising than the previous ones. However, if you don’t mind the subtle, it remains a viable alternative.
As a last site to download videos from YouTube we offer you SaveFrom.net. It is one of the longest lasting services within the web and continues to function very well after years of honored career. Using it is really simple. Copy the link of the YouTube video as usual and paste it over the wording “Just insert a link”.
On the right you will find the item “download videos in the browser as well”, which you must select to access the download. The last step will be to choose the quality of the video among those proposed and download it.
How to download free videos from YouTube with apps
In a world where most people watch YouTube videos on mobile devices, one cannot fail to consider the possibility of downloading movies from the “tube” through special apps. The thing, however, is not the simplest: on Android, for example, downloading videos from YouTube is literally prohibited, because it violates licenses (I remind you that Android and YouTube are linked to the same “red thread”, Google). If you are browsing the Play Store looking for an app to download videos from YouTube, then, know that you are wasting your time.
In the next lines you will see a list of third-party applications that will allow you to download the videos you want, but in order to install them you will need to access the path Settings – Security of your device and you will have to enable the Unknown source option. After that, to download free videos from YouTube you can rely on the following apps.
Most of the applications you can use to download videos from YouTube to Android are available in .apk format. The motivation is soon said. Most of them are therefore not downloadable from official sources. This means that before downloading it, you should take a look at our guide on how to install third-party Android apps. In this way, you will have clear how to install this type of file.
Otherwise these apps are all very similar to each other. You can find the only differences in the graphical interface and for this reason we list them below.
- YouTube Downloader: the best one, it deserves a few more lines than the others. Once connected to the application’s website, all you have to do is click on the download lastest build button, proceed with the installation wizard and click on Open when the process is complete. Once YouTube Downloader has started, just type in the search box at the top of the desired video name. The system will propose different search results, at which point you will need to select the video in question, choose the resolution quality and start the download. In a few seconds the video will be available on the device.
These are extremely intuitive applications, where you just need to paste the link of the video you want to download and then proceed with the download. Nothing could be simpler and within the reach of all users.
iPhone and iPad
To get YouTube videos on your iPhone or iPad, the situation gets a little complicated. In fact iOS does not allow much freedom in this sense and we will have to find stratagems to pursue our goal.
Here are the two existing solutions:
- YouTube++: this application is instead recommended for iPhone and iPad owners. Also on iOS systems the apps that allow you to download videos from YouTube are opposed, but in this case it can be remedied by downloading an alternative store, called Cydia. Once the download of this store is complete, you can download YouTube ++ inside it. This application is actually a tweak, or a utility that modifies some features of the official YouTube app. Once the installation is complete, all you have to do is open the normal YouTube app, as you have always done. Compared to the past, you will find that under the movie screen there is a Download button: just press it, select the video quality, press Export Media and you’re done.
- To download a YouTube video on iPhone we recommend an application as simple as it is ingenious. In fact, Documents by Readdle combines all the potential of a file manager with that of a media player. You can download it for free, directly from the App Store. Just copy the link of the video and paste it into the app to be able to download it by choosing its resolution. A real no-brainer.
Programs to download videos from YouTube
Do you fall into that category of users who prefer to have a program installed on their PC to download videos from Youtube? Very well, here are the best.
With this service you can download music and videos from: YouTube, Facebook, Instagram, Vimeo and more than 40 other sites! To do it is very simple, after going on YouTubeByClick press the big green button “download” to download the program. Once installed (it takes very little) you will be faced with a screen like this:
At this point, from the top of the screen, choose whether you want to download the video ( mp4 ) or the audio ( mp3 ) of the YouTube video, then search for it, copy its URL and then – from the program – click on “paste URL“: at this point the video download and conversion will begin immediately!
JDownloader is one of the best programs to download videos from YouTube. Available for Windows, MacOS and Linux, it is complete and easy to use.
- The first thing you need to do is go to the download page on the official website and download the application.
- To proceed with the installation, double-click the file on your PC and follow the instructions in the tutorial.
- Start JDownloader and go to the capture tab.
- Here you must paste the link of the YouTube video that you have previously obtained and press the “Play” button.
Free Youtube Download
Free Youtube Download is a free program to download videos from Youtube to your Windows PC. Once the Free Youtube Download program is launched, simply go to Youtube, copy the address of the video to download and return to the program. Click now on Paste and the video of your choice will be pasted, which you can download with a simple click on Download.
4K Video Downloader
Another application for downloading movies from YouTube is 4K Video Downloader. It is one of the best alternatives in the sector, very versatile and functional.
- Download the file from the official website and proceed with the installation.
- Once the procedure is finished, start the application to access the download window. The graphical interface is really intuitive and you will not struggle to find the options you need.
- Paste the link of the video you intend to download and select the format you intend to use. There are several choices at your disposal, so as to allow maximum flexibility according to the needs of users.
- To end the operation, click on the “Download” button and make yourself comfortable.
4K Video Downloader, in addition to being available for both Windows and MacOS, allows you to download up to 25 files simultaneously.
The last free program that we want to recommend you to download videos from YouTube is called ClipGrab. Like the previous solutions we have analyzed, it is extremely simple and intuitive, which is why we decided to include it in this article.
- Download ClipGrab by going to the home page of the official website and proceed with the installation, paying attention to the promotional offers that are included during the procedure.
- Open the application and you will find yourself in front of the main tab, from where you can download YouTube videos.
- Paste the link you copied previously in the appropriate section and press the button “Download this clip!”.
ClipGrab is also available for both Windows and MacOS and represents a really interesting alternative to competing software.
Extensions to download YouTube videos
A very convenient and fast method to download videos from YouTube is to use the browser with which you usually surf the net. All this is possible thanks to ad hoc extensions that will allow you to download your favorite movies. Each solution is suitable for a single application and for this reason we will dedicate a paragraph to each of them.
For some time now, Google has permanently blocked the extensions that allowed you to download videos from YouTube. As often happens in these cases, however, a group of developers has found an alternative method to carry out this operation anyway.
To do all this you will need Tampermonkey, an extension that allows the installation of third-party scripts within the Google browser. You can download it from this link. To install it, just confirm in the window that appears and the installation will start automatically.
The script you are going to use is called YouTube Links and is one of the best alternatives currently available. Just click on “Install this script” to add it to Tampermonkey. Once enabled, simply go to the YouTube video to download and click on one of the formats found above the player to start the download.
The same procedure that we have seen is also valid for Firefox. The famous Mozilla browser allows, like Google’s alternative, the installation of an extension to download videos from YouTube.
This time, however, we will be able to take advantage of the convenient web page containing the Mozilla Addons without having to go through cross roads. Then open your browser and go to this web page. The extension we will use is called Video DownloadHelper and just click on the “Add to Firefox” button to install it.
Once the procedure is finished, go to the YouTube video you want to download and click on the extension symbol in the navigation bar. A menu will open where you can choose the quality of the download.