Since you have downloaded an animated image from the Internet, you would like to modify it by applying special effects with your iPhone. In this new guide today we will show you in detail how to edit GIF on iPhone using 3 simple but powerful applications that can be downloaded for free from the App Store.
How to edit GIF on iPhone with GIPHY
GIPHY is the world’s largest library of animated images and stickers available on the net. The dedicated application allows you to quickly create, search and share GIFs and stickers via the various social channels available such such as WhatsApp, Facebook and WhatsApp. Let’s see together how to make the most of the app:
- Grab your iPhone, proceed with the GIPHY download of the App Store and start it once the installation is complete.
- At this point, click on the Play button in the bar at the bottom and tap on Select GIF or Video from Device to get the animated image or video from the internal memory of the iPhone. Alternatively, choose Record a video to record the clip in real time and edit it later or paste the address of a GIF found on the Internet in the Paste to GIF or Video URL field.
- In the next step, locate the animated image, press on its preview and then press on Edit in the upper right.
- In the next screen, use the bar below to add a text, insert a sticker, cut a piece of the video or set a duration using the two levers.
- Once you have finished the desired changes, click on ✓ at the top right and choose whether to share the GIF on Messenger, Instagram, Snapchat, save it as a video or GIF in the internal memory of the iPhone or copy it by pressing the Copy GIF button.
How to edit GIF on iPhone with ImgPlay
Another powerful application to create, edit or share animated images and videos is ImgPlay. It is a very simple application to use that has several interesting features to give space to your creativity.
Let’s see together the steps to use it better:
- From your iPhone, proceed to download ImgPlay from the App Store and start it once the installation is complete.
- After pressing on Let’s start!, choose the desired format from the list that appears ( Video, Photo, GIF, Live Photo, Burst or Camera ) and select the content to be changed simply by clicking on the thumbnail.
- At this point, you can change the direction ( Forward, On the contrary or Back and Forward ), the desired format, insert a text or a custom sticker, apply filters, adjust brightness, contrast, saturation, warmth and sharpness, change the color background, zoom or crop the image, or adjust the speed using the slider at the bottom of the menu.
- To see a preview of the final result, tap the Play button before proceeding with the save. ImgPlay also allows you to change the duration from the timeline.
- If the result is to your liking, click on Next and select Save.
- In the window that appears, set the type, quality and save option and press Save to Photo to store the file in the Photos app.
Since this is the free version of the software, a watermark will be applied at the bottom right. Alternatively, tap on the Remove watermark button and proceed with the purchase of the Pro version (from the cost of 5.49 dollars ) by pressing on Buy Pro version for 5.49$.
How to edit GIF on iPhone with GIF X
Another very good software to edit animated images adjusting opacity, size, and more, is GIF X. This is a completely free app that provides the ability to add effects and music to GIF and to share the final result even on social networks.
Let’s see together how to make the most of it:
- Proceed with the download of GIF X from the App Store on your iPhone and start it once the installation is complete.
- At this point, skip the initial tutorial by pressing on Get Started, click on Allow permission to allow the app to access the files on the iPhone and then select the preferred GIF through the Library section. Alternatively, press Camera to record a video and turn it into an animated image or Video to pick up a clip already stored.
- In the next step, through the Crop screen, you can decide whether to resize the file as you like using the 4 dots on the sides of the image. Continue by clicking on Next at the top right.
- Now, you can choose to add a second GIF to the imported one by first selecting the preferred category (eg Basic, Advanced, Artist sampler, etc.) and then adjusting the transparency using the cursor just above.
- After that, press the Mask menu located at the bottom and choose the effect to be applied according to your tastes. If desired, you can also add a background song by pressing on Music in the lower right corner.
- Once you have reached the desired result, press on Save at the top right, adjust the duration (from 1 to 15 seconds) using the appropriate cursor if it is a video, choose whether to save the file as GIF or Video, set the quality between Low or High by moving the switch and press Save to proceed with saving.
To unlock other functions offered by the GIF X app (eg saving in high quality, the elimination of banner ads, the removal of the watermark and more), you have to buy the premium version at a cost of 5.49 dollars.
How to edit GIF on iPhone: alternatives
If you are not satisfied with the applications listed just now, you can edit the animated images from your iOS smartphone using these software as well.