If you have an Android smartphone, you will certainly have an active Facebook account. Surely you use it through the application you downloaded from the Play Store to share photos, videos, documents and more. But if you tried to download videos from Facebook you will have noticed that this is not possible.
A known problem is that you must always be connected to the internet if you want to watch photos and videos on Facebook. If instead you have some video that interests you in particular way, probably prefer to download it on the device in order to watch it offline. The ideal would be to download Facebook videos on your Android device.
Have you ever wondered if you can download Facebook videos on your Android smartphone so you can watch them over and over again without needing an internet connection?
Although Facebook does not offer an integrated feature to download a video, you can still download Facebook videos on your Android phone. We will use a third-party application called MyVideoDownloader for Facebook, which is available for free on the Google Play Store.
My Video Downloader for Facebook is the application that allows you to download Facebook videos on your Android device. It is very easy to use.
With MyVideoDownloader you can download any type of video from Facebook. Videos “tagged”, uploaded by you or shared by your friends can all be downloaded using this simple application. Furthermore, it allows you to download Facebook videos from pages and groups of friends or directly share a video without downloading it. This is the only app on the Store that can play and download HD videos.
MyVideoDownloader to download Facebook videos
- Once installed, launch the application MyVideoDownloader and access your Facebook account by entering your Facebook credentials Login.
- Access the menu through the three dashes on the top left, a drop-down menu will appear from which you must select “News Feed” to search for the video you want to download.
- Select from the available videos what you’re interested in downloading. After finding a video you like, click directly on the video if you want to see it. If you want to download it you have to click on the icon with the triangle inside a circle. The video does not start automatically, but will open a menu with several options: Play to start the video, Download to download it on your phone, Copy link to copy the address or Share to share it. If you want to download the video, click on Download and wait for the video to be downloaded.
- If you want to download the video you have to click on Download. The video will be saved in the Downloads section of the application. If you go to Downloads you can find all the downloaded videos and by clicking on the triangle icon inside the circle, a menu will appear where you can choose Play to watch the video; Delete to delete it; Share to share it on the major social networks or send it via e-mail or WhatsApp.
- Going to Setup, you can decide where to save the video on your phone.
From the reviews it is clear that this is the app among the most popular to download videos from Facebook. In addition, some important FAQs are also indicated to help solve some problems:
- If you have a device with Android KitKat 4.4, this version does not allow applications to freely access the SD card. If you have root access, you may be looking for a patch in the Play Store that allows you to do this.
- In case you can not play the videos, probably the system does not have the right codec. Download the videos you want, then download from the Store a third-party player like “MX Player” that lets you have all the codecs to see most of the videos on your device.