Guide for installing APK + OBB files on smartphones and Android tablets. How to install APK and OBB on Android
Dear readers of Teknologya, today we will go to see together a very useful and interesting guide dedicated to all users with an Android smartphone or tablet.
In particular, today I will explain step by step how to install the games on Android, especially those composed of APK files and OBB files.
Searching on the internet, in fact, there are often many games to download for free for Android: there are various websites and forums on which users share games for Android, even those that would normally be paid. In this way users can download and install on Android for free many games, even the latest ones and just landed on the Android Play Store. But, in the same way, you can follow a guide like this to install the files containing the tricks for Android games: often you download the APK + OBB files from the internet to get tricks for Android games, but users do not always know how do to install these files or these games.
After downloading the games for Android, in fact, the problem becomes the installation. How do I install an APK file on Android? How do I install APK and OBB games on Android? Is there a way to install games downloaded from the internet on Android?
Do not worry, even if you have the problem of installing APK and OBB files on Android but you do not know how to do it, I’ll help you. In this guide, in fact, I explain you step by step how to install APK and OBB files on Android. The guide will be very simple, suitable for all users, especially for newcomers to the Android world and those who are approaching for the first time to this operating system.
Maybe you do not know, but there are many different ways to install APK and OBB files on Android, but we’ll see the simplest and most immediate way possible. Now let’s not waste any more time and see immediately how to install APK and OBB files on Android, especially when we talk about games.
What is an APK file for Android?
Let’s start with a small premise. What is an APK file on Android? What is the use of an APK file on Android?
Without getting too specific, you should know that an APK file for Android is like an .EXE file on a Windows PC. The APK format is the default for Android programs. In practice, an APK file is an executable file that, once started and opened with a certain program, allows you to install an app on your device. It is essentially the installation file of a specific program that you want to install on your Android.
What is a .OBB file and how do I use it?
The OBB file never runs alone, but always together with an APK file. Actually, an OBB file is an additional file that completes the installation of a program on Android.
As anticipated, OBB files usually accompany APK files in case of particularly heavy games, such as those from Gameloft. In practice, the APK file contains the “base” installation files, while the OBB file contains all the additional files, such as high-resolution textures in the case of games.
After this brief but essential clarification, we continue with the guide to install APK and OBB files on Android.
Have you got the APK and OBB file of the game, but how do you install it on Android? How do I transfer the APK file and the OBB file to Android? Let’s see it together. Assuming you already have the APK + OBB file on your computer desktop, let’s see how to proceed.
First of all you need to have a file manager installed on your Android. Even the default one is fine (it is present for example on Samsung devices, LG, HTC and Asus, but not all); if there is no file manager on your smartphone or Android tablet, I recommend downloading the File Manager (File Explorer) program from the Play Store, which is free, works great and is very powerful.
Now that you have the file manager you can proceed.
To install APK and OBB files on Android you have to follow these simple steps:
- Connect your smartphone or Android tablet to the PC / Mac with the appropriate cable
- Open the explorer Windows resources (or the corresponding software on Mac), select the APK file you want to install on Android and make a copy/paste in the internal memory or external (MicroSD) of your Android. You can copy the APK file wherever you want, it is indifferent, the important thing is that you remember where you copied it. I generally make a folder called “APKs” in the internal memory of my Android smartphone and I copy inside it all the APK files that I want to install manually. In this way I avoid having APK files scattered around the phone’s memory: I suggest you follow these instructions too.
- Now that you have copied the APK file on Android, take your smartphone or tablet, start the file manager you installed previously and look for the file you have already copied a little while ago
- At this point, always from the file manager, click on the APK file you want to install and it will start by magic the installation procedure of the APK file, which will take very little time to complete. Important: do not start the game at the end of the installation, the guide is not finished yet
- Now that you have installed the APK file, you need to install the OBB file to complete the installation of your game on Android. To install the OBB file, always leaving the smartphone connected to the PC/Mac, open the file manager on your Android, go to the internal memory and look for the folder “Android”
- Open the “Android” folder in the internal memory and check if there is a folder called “OBB” inside it. If this folder is already there, you can go to the next step in the guide. If the “OBB” folder is missing, create it yourself
- Once you have created/located the OBB folder on your smartphone, you must copy the folder containing the OBB file of the game you want to install into it. I’ll give you a practical example: I tried to download Hungry Shark World from the internet. The download consists of two files:
2-Hungry_Shark_1.0.6_mod.money.unlock.apk – this is the APK file, which we talked about before
3-H.Sh.W.1.0.6.Android.obb.zip – this is the OBB file, clearly zipped. Once downloaded, you have to extract the file on the desktop and you will find a folder called “3-H.Sh.W.1.0.6.Android.obb”. Here, this folder (or single OBB file, depends on the cases) should be copied into the Android> OBB folder that is in the internal memory of Android.
Now that, you have also copied the OBB file, you are ready to start the game and enjoy yourself to the fullest. Now you can disconnect your Android device from your PC / Mac and start the application of interest to you. Good fun!
Guide to the Installation of Android Games: conclusions
Well, I would say it’s really all. In this guide we have seen together how to install games in APK and OBB format on Android. For any questions or concerns, leave a comment and we will help you immediately.