How to install the latest version of Android 9 Pie which is available in Beta version on the Galaxy S9 and S9+. Firmware download and installation guide
How to install Android 9 Pie Beta on Galaxy S9 / S9 + [Guide]
If you are the owners of the new Galaxy S9 and S9+ that maybe you bought in the days of Black Friday and Cyber Monday in super discount here is sneak preview of the official firmware even if in beta based on Android 9 Pie.
Here is our guide you can install it freely and easily on all Galaxy S9 and S9 Plus so as to try the new graphic and functions of the latest version of Android available.
The guide is aimed at all Galaxy S9 SMG960F and S9+ SMG965F.
I remind you that the manual update of an original and official firmware does not invalidate the warranty. The operation is simple and will allow you to remove all the customizations of the operator and have a Galaxy S9/S9+ updated to the latest version, although Beta, Android.
You will have to flash the official original Samsung Beta ROM based on Android 9 Pie which is already stable and running without problems.
Install Android 9 Pie beta on Galaxy S9/S9+
- Samsung Galaxy S9/S9+
- Having installed Samsung SmartSwitch or the Galaxy Note 9 Drivers so that your PC will correctly recognize the Smartphone
- Download SamFirm
- Download Odin 3
- Download Firmware Galaxy S9 Android 9 Pie Beta
- Download Galaxy S9 Plus Firmware Android 9 Pie Beta
Step by Step Guide to install Android 9 Pie on Galaxy S9/S9+
- You can download the firmware using the SamFirm application by entering the SMG960F codes for S9 and SMG965F for S9 Plus and the regional DBT code in the search box. To switch to Android Pie you have to download an Oreo firmware because you need the BRJ6 file, which will be automatically downloaded by selecting the car item.
- Download the necessary files in the previous point
- Make sure you have installed SmartSwitch or at least the drivers of your Galaxy Note 9 so that it is correctly recognized by your PC
- Now turn off your Galaxy S9 / S9 +.
- Put it in Download Mode (Simultaneously press Volume Down + Home key + Power)
- Confirmation dates with Continue (Volume Up)
- Download, Unzip ODIN and open it
- Connect the Galaxy S9/S9+ to the PC via USB
- Start ODIN and wait for the Galaxy S9/S9+ to be recognized (COM will appear in Yellow)
- Put the files of the ROM in AP (MD5) ( Bootloader -> BL, PDA -> AP, PHONE -> CP, CSC -> CSC ) after decompressing the ZIP file you will get a file with extension MD5. If you have only one .TAR or .MD5 file, you have to put it on AP.
- Make sure that re-partition is NOT flagged
- Click on Start and wait for the RIAVVIO of the Galaxy S9/S9+
- Now, you have upgraded to the original Galaxy-based firmware the Galaxy S9/S9+ with the latest official available ROM.
- Now turn on your device in recovery mode (A device off, press the Power + Volume Up + Bixby button and then connect it via USB to your PC).
- Open the command line folder (CMD in Execute and then with the CD commands you move to the folder where you downloaded the Firmware ZIP file.
- From the selected recovery, select adb sideload by moving with the volume keys and confirm with the Power key.
- Now from the command line type adb sideload nomefile.zip where filename.zip is the name of the firmware file downloaded in the Required Material section.
- When the flashing is complete, you’ll have Android Pie and the all-new One UI on the Galaxy S9/S9+.
- If you had to catch up with problems of rebooting or blocking I suggest you do all the wipe (wipe/factory reset) or repeat the flash procedure.
If you have any doubts or questions, please comment on this article for assistance.