Needless to tell what WhatsApp is, because I challenge anyone who has a smartphone that does not know which is the best known and used messaging application, available for all smartphones.
Perhaps not everyone knows, or perhaps only the most experienced, that to work, WhatsApp needs to rely on a SIM card with a phone number. Surely we have installed WhatsApp on our smartphone, which of course has a SIM of any telephone operator without asking us so many questions. The dissatisfaction with which we have installed this application on the smartphone, does not ask us if it can work on all tablets, until we are in front of this need. Have you ever wondered if you can install WhatsApp on Android tablets without SIM and with WiFi only?
Surely you asked for it, since you are reading this guide. You probably bought an Android tablet with the WiFi function only and now you’re wondering if you can send and receive WhatsApp messages from the tablet. I can reassure you that the solution exists and you can safely use WhatsApp on Android tablets without SIM by following the steps in this guide.
WhatsApp is a multi-platform and multi-device messaging application that can work, as well as on smartphones and tablets, even on PC and Mac. To learn more, I suggest you read this guide in which you can see How to use WhatsApp on Mac and PC. Let’s say immediately that there are two methods to install WhatsApp on Android tablets without SIM with the WiFi function only. Continue reading to see what they are.
- Use the WhatsApp Web version from your tablet with WiFi.
- Install the WhatsApp app on your Android tablet with WiFi only, simulating that this device is a smartphone.
Install WhatsApp on Android tablets without SIM – Method 1
This first method allows you to use the messaging features on Android tablets without SIM via WhatsApp Web. What is WhatsApp Web? It is a client based on the web browser that you can use via the web, with the condition that you have to be online, in your case through the WiFi of the tablet. Let’s see the procedure to follow:
- On your WiFi-only tablet, go to Google Chrome (if you do not already have it, you can install it from the Play Store) and from the “Menu” you have to activate the desktop version of Google Chrome.
- To do so, click on “Request desktop site“.
- Open the web.whatsapp.com page.
- Now open WhatsApp on your smartphone, go to Settings -> WhatsApp Web and click on Scan the QR code.
- Finally, scan the QR code that appeared on the tablet using your smartphone’s camera.
- When the smartphone detects the QR code, you will have the interface of WhatsApp on the tablet, with all the chats of your friends.
You have finished the procedure. Now you can also use WhatsApp on your Android tablet. Of course, to synchronize the chat, the application of the Tablet needs to connect to your smartphone, so you’ll have to be careful to keep it always on and connected to the internet. This is the limit of the first method, because the app of WhatsApp on the Tablet is not autonomous and to update with the latest chat needs to connect to the main device, which is the smartphone.
Use WhatsApp on Android tablets without SIM – Method 2
This second method to install WhatsApp on Android tablets without SIM and different from the previous one. It assumes a few more steps, but it is not complicated at all. You just have to faithfully follow the steps that I show you below.
You must remember that this second method is only compatible with Android tablets with WiFi function. Let’s see then the procedure to install WhatsApp on Android tablets without SIM.
- First you have to download the APK file of WhatsApp from this link: WhatsApp Messenger tablet Android Apk.
- Now you have to install the APK on your tablet (remember before allowing unknown sources on the tablet by going to Settings -> Security ). If prompted, select “package installation“.
- All you have to do is open the WhatsApp app you just installed and enter your details (country, phone number of your smartphone).
- At this point you have to check that this is done: WhatsApp will start checking the number you entered and you will receive an automatic call on the number you entered in WhatsApp receiving a code. If you do not receive the call, try again. This time you will need to receive a text message with the verification code.
- You will need to enter the code in WhatsApp on your tablet.
- If you have passed the verification without any error, set your profile on the tablet and start using WhatsApp.
Now you can use WhatsApp fully functional on your Android tablet without SIM, receiving and sending messages to your friends with the same phone number of the smartphone.
If you believe that using the same phone number of your smartphone is not functional to your needs, you can always buy a new SIM with a new number and at the time of verification, you will enter the latter, so you will have a WhatsApp service completely independent from that that you have on your smartphone. Remember, that when you give the new number for verification, the new SIM must be inserted into any phone to receive the phone call or message.