5 applications for Android and iPhone to send and receive SMS messages from your computer, by connecting it to your mobile phone
The need that you want to satisfy with the tools described in this article is to write SMS from your computer and send them to mobile numbers of your address book.
This is not to send text messages for free but to connect the Android phone or iPhone to the computer and to type text messages from the keyboard, sending them from the phone, but without touching the latter.
The message will cost as normal and will be sent via your telephone operator.
Conversely, even received messages can be read from the computer.
1) The best app to send and receive messages from the PC has always been Pushbullet, for Android and iPhone, which added the function to send SMS from the computer using an extension for the web browser.
I have already spoken about Pushbullet in the article on how to see all Android notifications on the PC in real time.
2) Who uses Google Chrome can certainly install MightyText as a Chrome extension and as an application for Android.
Both on one and the other you need to connect with your Google account.
The button that appears on Chrome shows the mailbox of messages received on the phone.
Mobile phones and computers remain synchronized via the application (the phone must obviously be connected to the internet) and are updated in real time.
MightyText imports all pre-existing messages and contacts from the phone.
Every time a new text message arrives on the phone, without any delay, a notification also appears on Chrome.
Although MightyText is a Chrome extension, once installed, it is not necessary that Chrome is open and the notification pop-up will appear, the same, in a corner of the screen (if it is enabled to run background applications from Chrome settings).
Each message can be answered directly from the computer and it is certainly possible to write a new text message to be sent to a number in the phone contacts directory.
3) You can send SMS via a website with Android Messages which, as explained in another article, is the simplest and most immediate solution provided by Google.
4) You can read and send SMS from Windows 10 with the app Your Phone, introduced in 2018 by Microsoft, also explained in another guide.
5) MySMS works as an application for Android and iPhone that can be connected to a Windows computer, a Mac or Google Chrome or Facebook.
With MySMS you can send SMS text messages from your computer, receive them and read them from the PC screen, in the browser, synchronize all messages between the iPhone or Android phone and the PC or tablet.
You can also backup text messages to save a copy on your PC and you can also send images and files.
6) MobiTexter is an online service that works on any browser and allows you to send SMS messages from your computer by connecting it to your Android phone.
This time the messages are written through a web page, without extensions.
MobiTexter can create message threads and show all text messages in chronological order.
MobiTexter works on any computer or portable device, so you can use a decent keyboard to compose SMS text messages, wherever you are.
I want to clarify that these applications are free but the text messages are sent from the phone and paid with their own normal rate.
MightyText is perhaps the fastest and most accurate when you want to send text messages from your browser.
So, which method do you like most? Let us know via comments in the box below.