In a world where wireless is becoming more and more popular, classic wired earphones seem to no longer arouse a lot of curiosity in users. In fact, at least as far as those offered in the iPhone package are concerned, their functions can be many, useful, but probably all too hidden. Today we will therefore analyze 4 interesting features, which perhaps too many ignore, on Apple’s wired headphones.
Controls in call mode
The three buttons on the earphone wire offered in the iPhone package, as they may seem “standard”, are used differently from the operating system according to the screens being run. During a call, for example, five different operations can be completed. Let’s see which ones.
- Answer a call with a click on the central button
- End an ongoing call with a click on the middle button
- Reject an incoming call by pressing and holding for a few seconds (until a short sound is played) on the center button
- Put a conversation on hold and answer another incoming call with a click on the central button
- Switch from one call to another (when there are other users on hold) with a click on the central button
- End all ongoing calls (even those on hold) by holding down the central button for a few seconds
Let’s now pass to the most used controls, namely those dedicated to the reproduction of audio and video content. Obviously these will be valid for most of the services compatible with iPhone and therefore with: Spotify, Apple Music, Apple Podcast, Netflix, Amazon Prime Video and many more.
- Play and pause with a click on the central button
- Go to the next song (or go ahead for a few seconds in the Podcasts) with a double click on the central button
- Advance in the track with a double click on the central button, then holding it down until you reach the desired point
- Go back to the previous song (or go back a few seconds in Podcasts) with a triple click on the central button
- Rewind the track with a triple click on the central button, then holding it down until you reach the desired point
The camera can also be partially controlled by the buttons on Apple’s wired earphones. It will certainly not be possible to perform very complex actions, but basically the most basic ones.
- With the camera open, take a picture with a click on the central button
- With the camera open, start recording and stop it with a click on the central button
The integration of the Cupertino company could only include Siri among the functions of its earphones. In this case, the actions will only concern starting the assistant and closing it.
- Call up Siri by pressing and holding for a few seconds (until two short beeps are played) on the center button
- Deactivate Siri with a click on the central button