WhatsApp is the most used messaging app in the world that has long since broken down the billion active users. Unfortunately, among the many features at the moment there is no backup on their servers at least for chats and therefore to save multimedia data and conversations we must rely on manual backup or relying on the cloud services of Android (Google Drive) and iOS (iCloud) to transfer data to another device.
In fact, with official tools it is not possible in any way to pass conversations and multimedia files of WhatsApp for example from Android to iOS but recently there is a fantastic software that allows you to make the passage of chats from Android and iOS.
Just because WhatsApp does not allow you to save the conversations files on the cloud owner here that does not even allow you to carry WhatsApp chat from Android to iPhone we help you.
In this article we will describe how to transfer WhatsApp messages to a new device from Android on iPhone.
Transfer WhatsApp from Android to iPhone
Before starting you need to make a local backup of your iPhone and then disable the Find My iPhone and iCloud Backup. Here’s how to do it.
- Connect the iPhone to the PC
- Start iTunes
- Open your iPhone by clicking on the name you have assigned.
- Select the item Backup -> This PC and check on Encoding iPhone backup.
- Now enter the password to encrypt the backup and finally Set password.
- This operation will encode backups of iPhone backups on the PC.
- Now you have to disable Find my iPhone and iCloud Backup (From smartphone Settings -> Account name -> iCloud and disable related entries)
- Once you have finished the backup on your PC, it can take several hours depending on the amount of data to back up. Continue with the following guide.
Guide WhatsApp from Android to iPhone
Backuptrans is a software costing about 20 dollars that allows you to transfer WhatsApp from Android and iOS and although the cost is low, it works very well. Here is the guide on how to use it.
- [PC] Download, install and open the Backuptrans app by CLICKING HERE on the Download button.
- [Smartphone] Backup your WhatsApp conversations on your smartphone.
- [PC] Connect the smartphone to the PC, activate the USB debugging function and automatically start the installation of the Backuptrans WA Sync application.
- [PC] Now turn off the backup on Google Drive by CLICKING HERE by entering the email and password used on the Android smartphone.
- [PC] Click on gear icon -> Settings and then on Manage applications look for WhatsApp Messenger and select Disconnect from Drive in the submenu by clicking on Options.
- [PC] In the following screen select the item not to delete the backup stored on Google Drive and confirm by clicking on Disconnect.
- [Smartphone] Open WhatsApp, click on the 3 dots on the top right and then on Settings.
- [Smartphone] Now click on Chat and then on Backup of the chats and finally on the item Backup to Google Drive select Never.
- [Smartphone] Now click on Back up to create a backup of your conversations locally.
- [Smartphone] Now uninstall WhatsApp.
- [PC] Backuptrans automatically detects that WhatsApp has been uninstalled and will reinstall it, but it is a modified version.
- [Smartphone] When the installation is complete, open the app and complete the initial setup by entering the phone number.
- [Smartphone] Restore conversations from the local backup as shown on the screen.
- [PC] Automatically on the PC, the Backuptrans app will display the imported chats.
- [PC] Now to transfer WhatsApp chats from Android to iPhone you have to connect the iPhone to the PC and wait for Backuptrans to detect it and tell you to enter the encrypted backup password created previously.
- [PC] Select conversations to transfer to iOS from the left panel.
- [PC] Now switch to the iPhone and click the name of the Android smartphone.
- [PC] Click on Transfer messages from Android to iPhone at the top left.
- [PC] Now select the iPhone and click Confirm.
- [Smartphone] Now the iPhone will be put into Restore mode and at the end of the operation it will be restarted automatically.
- [Smartphone] After the restart, click on Confirm and in the WhatsApp app you will find all the chats transferred from Android.