Many of us leave our children for hours with their smartphones in hand, even if we do not want to, unfortunately, everything has changed. Our children love to share on social media, watch videos or chat with their friends on Whatsapp.
We know very well that smartphones are bad for the eyes, and that’s why I decided to write this tutorial on how to block websites on Android. Although sincerely for how we are put today, many prefer to have our children under control at home to get them out.
I know you are thinking that bad things can happen even with a phone, and that’s why I decided to write this little guide. There are many websites that can infect your device with a virus, malware or just have content not suitable for younger people.
There are so many bad things in recent times. If you want to block websites on your Android smartphone, you can easily do it using the methods below. In this post, we will see 2 methods to block websites on an Android device. For users without root, just install a reliable application for free from the Play Store. Let’s begin.
How to block websites on Android
Method one without root
In this method, we will use Trend Micro’s ” Mobile Security & Antivirus ” which has the ability to block websites.
- Open the app.
- Touch the safe browsing option.
- Click on the option in the blocked list below.
- Tap the Add option.
- Now, give the name [optional] and the URL of the website you want to block (in this case, it’s Facebook).
- The site should be added to the list of blocked sites.
- Now, try opening Facebook and you’ll see this message.
However, this method has a disadvantage. If you try to access the incognito website (Facebook), you can access it even if it is blocked in the list.
If you think your child or relative could uninstall the application without your knowledge you can install one of these launchers to hide applications on your Android device.
Method two for Android root smartphone
In this method, we use the host file to block websites on Android.
Using this method has two advantages:
- You can not access blocked sites using a proxy.
- You can not access blocked sites even browsing incognito.
For this method, it is necessary to have a file manager installed. In this case, I’m using ES File Explorer and you can download it from here.
- Install and open ES File Explorer.
- Click on the home page option at the top. In the pop-up screen, choose the “/ Device” option.
- Go to the folder etc. Touch the Hosts file.
- In the popup, select the text and choose note editor.
- Click on the pencil icon at the top.
- In this case, I will block Facebook. You must add the site you want to block this way [see screenshot].
- Press the button to go back and press yes to confirm.
- Restart the phone.
That’s all. From your smartphone, try opening Facebook and you will receive an error message like this.
You can use the same method to block all desired websites.
The method above eliminates Facebook. But if someone enters directly from m.facebook.com in the browser, it will open the FB page even if we have blocked it. Refer to the following image to completely block the site.
If the information in this post was useful, share this post with your friends. I hope the information in this post was useful for blocking websites on Android.