Magisk 18 is now available for Android that introduces many new features. The best way to get and manage ROOT on Android becomes even more powerful in the latest version
Available Magisk 18: There are many news. Download it now
Magisk, the well-known tool for Android that allows you to get a complete management of ROOT permissions on Android updates to version 18. Magisk also allows to hide the ROOT to the applications without however preventing its correct operation.
Today Magisk has been updated to version 18 going to fix many bugs, completely rewritten in C ++, improved database and many new features and modified to be even faster.
I recommend, before installing version 18, proceed to uninstall the complete version of the previous version otherwise you could bootloop the device.
- [General] All the code has been rewritten in C ++.
- [General] The database is natively changed instead of going through Magisk Manager.
- [General] /sbin/.core has been deprecated; now you have to use /sbin/.magisk.
- [General] Boot scripts are now in /data/adb/<stage>.d instead of <magisk_img> /. Core / <stage> .d.
- [General] Native systemless hosts removed.
- [General] The post -fs-data.sh module scripts can now remove or disable modules.
- [MagiskHide] Using component names instead of jobs as targets.
- [MagiskHide] Added procfs protection on SDK 24+ (Nougat).
- [MagiskHide] Removed the /.backup folder to avoid detection.
- [MagiskHide] The hide list is now saved in a database instead of a plain text file.
- [MagiskHide] Added “-status” option to CLI.
- [MagiskHide] The unmounting of non- custom mount points has been stopped.
- [MagiskSU] Added FLAG_INCLUDE_STOPPED_PACKAGES flag in broadcast to force the awakening of Magisk Manager.
- [MagiskSU] Fixed a bug that does not allow SIGWINCH to be properly detected.
- [MagiskPolicy] Support for new av rules: type_change and type_member.
- [MagiskPolicy] Removed all the AUDITDENY rules after patching policy to log all the times debugging is denied.
- [MagiskBoot] Support in the extra_cmdline boot headers.
- [MagiskBoot] Tried to adjust the boot image v1 headers.
- [MagiskBoot] Added a new CPIO command “exists”.
Where to download Magisk 18
Magisk is available for free download by clicking on the following link which will send you to the official XDA thread with the latest updated version.