How to make screenshots and capture screenshots on macOS Mojave 10.14
In this article, we will see how to make the most of the new tool to capture screens and make screenshots on MacOS Mojave 10.14.
Apple has in fact renewed the screen capture tool of MacOS Mojave 10.14 introducing many new features: let’s discover together how to exploit in the best way this tool and all the innovations introduced, which allow for example to set a timer for screenshots, pre-select where to save the image and the possibility to show or hide the mouse cursor.
But now enough with the chatter, let’s go to the guide that explains how to capture screenshots and screenshots on macOS Mojave 10.14.
Capture Screenshot and screenshots on macOS Mojave 10.14 – Classic Mode
The basic method does not change. It is possible to capture screens on macOS Mojave 10.14 by pressing the classic key combinations:
- Command + Shift + 3: to capture complete screens
- Command + Shift + 4: to capture portions of the screen
But this was already known.
Let’s see instead what are the new features introduced with macOS Mojave 10.14.
Capture Screenshot and screenshots on macOS Mojave 10.14 – New Mode
To start the new MacOS Mojave 10.14 capture tool, press Command + Shift + 5 on the keyboard at the same time.
A screen will automatically appear offering various options:
- capture the whole screen
- capture selected window
- capture a selected portion
Choose the option you need and proceed with the capture.
Set up a Timer for Screenshots on macOS Mojave
As anticipated, among the main novelties of macOS Mojave 10.14 is the ability to capture screens based on a pre-set timer.
To exploit it you must:
- Step # 1. Press Command + Shift + 5 on the keyboard and then click on Options
- Step # 2. Choose an option from 5 to 10 seconds or nothing below the Timer item
How to choose where to save screenshots and screenshots in macOS Mojave 10.14
Another new feature of this OS is the possibility to choose BEFORE the place to save the screenshot or the screen captured.
To do this you must:
- Step # 1. Press Command + Shift + 5
- Step # 2. Go to Options and choose whether to save the image in Desktop, Documents, Clipboard, Mail, Messages, or Preview
How to show or hide the mouse cursor in the screenshots in macOS Mojave
The latest feature of this OS is the ability to choose whether to show or hide the mouse cursor in the captured image of the screen. To do this you must follow these simple directions:
- Step # 1: Press Command + Shift + 5 on the keyboard
- Step # 2: Click on Options
- Step # 3: Click on the Show Mouse Cursor item in the menu