After turning on your beautiful brand new computer, you noticed that an administrator profile was already set up, most likely used to do the initial setup. So, now look for a guide to explain how to remove it. We at Teknologya have created an ad hoc tutorial to explain just how to change Windows 10 administrator using the Settings.
How to change administrator in Windows 10
To change the administrator profile on a PC running Windows 10, you need to use the operating system settings.
Find all the steps specifically below:
- Open the settings of Windows 10 through the key combination Win + I or pressing on ‘gear in the Start menu.
- Once this is done, click on Account and then click on Family and other people via the left sidebar.
- In the next step, press the + Add someone else to this PC button (in the Other people section) and enter the credentials of the Microsoft account to be added by filling in the required fields. In case you would like to create a local account, you will have to click on the link I do not have this person’s login information and then click on Add a user without a Microsoft account. Complete the operation by filling in the required fields.
- Now, click on the new profile icon, choose Change Account Type and set the Administrator option from the Account Type drop-down menu.
- At this point, to access the new administrator account, right click on the Start button at the bottom right, choose Close or log off and click on Exit.
- Through the proposed screen, click on the name of the previously created profile and enter any password to login correctly.
If you wish, you can delete the old administrator profile by accessing the Family menu and other users as indicated above by clicking on the name of the account to be deleted and pressing the Remove button. You can also choose to keep or delete the profile information and data.
Remember, however, that the Microsoft account will not be permanently deleted as this operation will be valid only on the PC. In case you would like to completely delete the account, you will have to follow the instructions in the tutorial linked below.
How to change administrator in Windows 10 if you don’t have the password
If the person who configured the Windows 10 PC no longer remembers the password for accessing the administrator profile, you can solve this problem using the appropriate operating systems such as KON-BOOT or Lazesoft Recover My Password bootable from a USB stick.
Please note, however, that we are talking about tools that seriously jeopardize users’ privacy if they are used on computers that are not their own. Furthermore, it is an action that can be prosecuted if one is found.
Having said that, for more information on how these tools work, take a look at the tutorial attached below.
Doubts or problems? We help you!
If you still have any doubt or suggestions related to this article then feel free to leave a comment in the box below or contact us via our dedicated page.