In this guide we will see how to change your photo on YouTube and make your profile more attractive in simple and easy way.
In youtubers times, one of the first things to do to highlight your channel is to put a picture on your YouTube profile, among other settings. Also called “channel icon”, the image is displayed above the banner of your page and also in your videos. This avatar is visible to other users. Learn to change the photo by computer and cell phone.
Here are some guidelines for changing your channel photo:
- Supported formats are JPG, GIF, BMP or PNG (you can not use animated GIFs)
- It is recommended to use 800 x 800 pixel images
- If you are using a square or round image, it should be 98 x 98 pixels
How to put profile photo on computer
1. Sign in to your YouTube account;
2. In the top right corner of the page, click the current icon, then “My Channel“;
3. On the page that opens, click the current avatar (next to the channel name) to edit the image;
Important: Your profile photo is linked to the Google account you used to log in. It may take a few minutes for the changes to take effect.
4. Select some of the options or upload the new image. After it loads, click “Finish“.
How to put profile photo on mobile
1. Open and sign in to the YouTube app;
2. Tap your current avatar in the upper right corner of the screen;
3. Now select the “My Channel” option;
4. On the screen that opens, touch the gear icon next to the name of your channel;
5. Tap the current icon to change it;
6. Take a new photo, with the cell phone camera, or upload an existing image;
7. Crop the image, if desired, and touch “Save“