The Sims franchise is one of the most famous real-life game simulators. The Sims 3, for example is one of the most popular games in this series. With enough content released to date and several extras, sometimes the player may prefer an easier way to unlock everything that title offers. Thinking about it, here’s a list of the top cheats for The Sims 3.
The game has won versions for various platforms, but the edition for computers remains one of the most beloved. Therefore, the codes in this article are for PC (Windows).
How to activate the cheat system in The Sims 3
Before you start using cheats, you must first enable the command console. Here’s how.
1. Load a normally saved game;
2. At the same time, press the CTRL + SHIFT + C key sequence to display the command console;
3. Enter the code you want, from the list below, and press Enter to activate it;
4. Before using any cheat in The Sims 3, enter the code testingcheatsenabled true and press Enter to ensure that all cheats will work.
Tip: The recommendation is to use cheats in a gameplay separate from your “official”, at least in principle. This is because the codes modify important functions of the game. If you want to directly modify your main save, it is good to back it up first.
Cheats for The Sims 3
- help – list of all available cheats.
- kaching – you win 1 thousand Simoleons.
- motherlode – you win 50 thousand Simoleons.
- familyfunds family X – adds funds for your family. Replace “family” with your family name in The Sims 3. In “X” type the amount of money. Use the minus sign to reduce the amount.
- freerealestate – allows you to buy any batch at any price (even for free).
- edit in CAS – edit your character
- shazaam – adds 2,500 points of happiness to the character you choose
- modify traits – allows you to change the characteristics of a Sim you choose.
- add to household – places a character you choose in the house you currently have.
- set age X – Replace “X” with the age number you want for your Sim.
- set career xxxx/yyyy – In “xxxx” type the name of the career you want and in “yyyy” the level of wants for her.
- force opportunity – Allows you to click on the career builder and force an opportunity.
- force event – Clicking on the career constructor can generate a random event.
- force all events – Clicking on the careers builder forces all professional events.
- force service yes X – Replace “X” with the name of the worker Yes you want to appear.
- unlockOutfits on – You can see all the uniforms of your character’s profession.
- unlockOutfits off – Disables the function of the above code.
- force visitor – All neighbors will visit you
- make friends for me – Choose Random Sims to be friends with
- make happy – Leave all the Sims happy
- resetSim firstName secondName – Replace “firstName” and “secondName” (respecting the space between them) by the first and second name of your character. Your Sim will be restored to a neutral state.
- make motives static – By using the code with the word “static” you freeze the motivation of the Sims in your house.
- make motives dynamic – Reverse the effects of the above code.
- make me know everyone – The chosen character will meet all the neighbors.
- hideHeadlineEffects on – Balloons and thoughts will appear.
- hideHeadlineEffects off – Reverse the effects of the above code.
- moveObjects on – Gives freedom to drag objects around your house without restriction.
- moveObjects off – Reverse the effects of the above code.
- constrainFloorElevation true – Changes the elevation of the floor in the game.
- constrainFloorElevation false – Reverse the effect of the above code.
- disableSnappingToSlotsOnAlt on – Objects do not take up space when holding the Alt key
- fadeObjects on – Objects are all transparent
- snapObjectsToAngle true – Shifts view to 45° angle
- snapObjectsToAngle false – Disables the above function.
- snapObjectsToGrid false – Lets you place objects everywhere (except on the table or on walls)
- snapObjectsToGrid true – Revert the above function.
- jokePlease – a random joke will appear in the command console.
- enablellamas on – Includes llamas on The Sims 3.
- SlowMotionViz X – Slow Motion. Replace the “X” with a number from 0 to 8 to calibrate the intensity of slowness.