Would you like to check your PlayStation 4 from your smartphone but do not know the procedure to follow? We will help you with this new guide today in which we will explain in detail how to connect the phone to the PS4 in a few simple steps.
- Preliminary operations
- How to connect Android to the PS4
- How to connect an iPhone to the PS4
- How to connect the phone to the PS4 with Remote Play
Before getting to the heart of the guide, you need to perform some preliminary operations necessary to do everything without problems. In particular, you must connect the PlayStation 4 to the same network to which the smartphone is connected via wireless technology or Ethernet cable by connecting the latter to one of the available modem/router ports.
If you choose to connect the PS4 to your home network via Wi-Fi, follow the procedure below:
- Press the PS button on the controller, choose Settings using the up arrow and then press on Network.
- In the next step, select Set up Internet connection, press on Use Wi-Fi and press on Typical.
- After pressing on the name of the wireless network to connect to the PlayStation 4, type the password in the text field to establish a connection and complete the procedure.
The second step is to make sure you have access to your personal account. Here’s how:
- Access the Settings as noted earlier and select PlayStation Network/Account Management.
- Now, click on Sign in to PlayStation Network and fill in the User ID and Password fields with the right credentials to complete the process.
How to connect Android to the PS4
If you are an owner of an Android smartphone/tablet and would like to connect it to your PlayStation 4, just download and install the PS4 Second Screen app.
Let’s see how to use it:
- Grab your device and proceed with the download of the aforementioned software from the Google Play Store.
- After installation, switch to the console and press the PS button on the controller after turning it on.
- At this point, from the dashboard, go into Settings, scroll down and choose Mobile app connection settings.
- On the next screen, make sure that the Add device option is selecte.
- If all went well, on the TV screen connected to the PS4 should appear an 8-digit code that will allow you to connect the smartphone to the console.
- Now, switch to the device, start the PS4 Second Screen app and press Next to go to the next screen.
- In the following step, click on Login to PSN, fill in the login ID (e-mail address) and Password fields and click on Sign in to login. In case of verification of your identity, follow the instructions on the screen and press Verify.
- After logging in, an overview of the features that you can use in the application appears.
- After tapping on the X in the upper left corner, press the name of the PlayStation 4 you wish to remotely control and wait for the connection.
- From the screen that opens, type the 8-digit numeric code mentioned a few minutes ago and click on Register to complete the entire procedure.
Once the connection is successful, you can use your smartphone as if it were a wireless remote control, use the display of the device as a second screen, type in your smartphone and do much more. To disconnect your smartphone from the PlayStation 4, just press the Disconnect button on the PS4 Second Screen main screen.
How to connect an iPhone to the PS4
If you have an iPhone and want to connect it to the PS4, just follow the same steps seen on Android. Then, after connecting the console to the same Wi-Fi network to which the iPhone is connected, access the Add device function in the settings of the PlayStation and then enter the numerical code that appeared on the screen inside the PS4 Second Screen app installed on the iDevice.
Also in this case, you can use the iPhone as a second display, as a wireless keyboard with a touchpad and much more. Without all the operations you want, you can disconnect the iPhone from the PS4 by simply pressing Disconnect.
How to connect the phone to the PS4 with Remote Play
In case you wish to play streaming games available on the console from Sony, guests can enjoy an alternative solution called Remote Play. To take advantage of this feature, however, you need one of these smartphones from the Sony range: Xperia XZ3, XZ2 Premium, XZ2, XZ2 Compact, XZ1, XZ1 Compact and XZ Premium.
That said, let’s see how to use Remote Play:
- From the PlayStation 4, press the PS button on the controller and access the Settings as indicated in the last lines.
- From the screen that appears, choose Remote Play Connection Settings, activate the feature by checking the Enable Remote Play item and then click on Add Device.
- In the next step, grab your Sony Xperia and start the PS4 Second Screen app.
- Once you are logged into your PlayStation Network account, keep your console connected to the Internet in sleep mode.
- At this point, you need to set the PS4 as the main PlayStation. To do this, go to the Account Manager from the Settings and activate the Activate as the main PS4 function.
- Then, press on the Energy Savings Settings in the Settings and choose Set the available functions in the sleep mode.
- From here, activate the Stay connected to the Internet and Enable when the PS4 is switched on from the network.
- Through the PS4 Second Screen app of your Sony Xperia, start PS4 Remote Play, type the 8-digit code shown on the big screen and follow the instructions to proceed with the activation of the Remote Play feature.