Connecting YouTube Music to Waze is a very simple procedure. Subscribers to the YouTube Music Premium and YouTube Premium plan can play songs, albums and playlists within the navigation app, without the need to switch applications. See how to connect YouTube to Waze if you are a paying user.
How to connect YouTube Music to Waze
Waze is compatible with a number of music streaming applications, which can be controlled from within the navigation app. Once they are installed, the app offers the option to connect to each other.
The music apps compatible with Waze, available on iPhone and Android:
- MX Music course;
- NPR One (Android only);
- NRJ Radio;
- TuneIn (normal and Pro);
- YouTube Music.
The method for connecting any music app is the same.
Here, let’s use YouTube Music as an example.
- Open Waze and tap the icon in the form of a musical note;
- Touch the YouTube Music icon;
- Waze will ask you to open YouTube Music, tap “Open”;
- On YouTube Music, the app will ask you to open Waze, tap “Open”;
- YouTube Music and Waze will be connected;
- Touch “Open YouTube Music” to start playing music and playlists.
To access YouTube Music, through Waze, touch the app icon on the main screen, which will replace the musical note.
The listening to music feature on YouTube Music is only available to YouTube Music Premium or Youtube Premium subscribers. If the user has a free account, it will not be possible to play music within Waze.
To switch between music apps connected to Waze, do the following:
- Touch the app icon connected to Waze on the main screen;
- Touch “Audio apps”, “Settings”;
- Tap “Disconnect” next to the connected app;
- Go back to the previous screen and select another app installed on the phone.
If the app is not installed on your phone, you can access the Apple App Store or Google Play Store from within Waze. Either way, the compatible music app must be installed and configured on the iPhone or Android.