Do you have a DVD collection and want to see them on iPad or iPhone? If you want to have your DVD movie collection within easy reach of your iPad, you’ll want to convert your DVDs to readable format on Apple mobile devices. This very simple method converts the movie you have on DVD into an mp4 file that you can read on iPhone and iPad. In addition, we will also see how to transfer it from the computer to the iPad. Convert DVD to iPad format is the purpose of this guide, read on to find out how to convert video to iPad.
The software available for Windows and Mac Pc is called HandBrake, which you can download for free on your computer. The process that allows you to convert video to iPad is very simple and with a few steps you will have your movies directly on the tablet. Of course, your computer must be equipped with a reader in which to insert the DVD with the film and have it read from the software. This will convert the video to the readable format on the iPad. Let’s now look at the process to convert DVD to iPad format.
How to convert DVD to iPad format
Before running this guide to convert movies to iPad, make sure you have the following application on your Windows or Mac PC:
Download | iTunes
1. First you need to download on your Mac or PC software that allows you to convert DVD to mp4, that is, in the format compatible with iPad and iPhone. The best and also free software is Handbrake.
2. Insert the DVD into the computer drive. Make sure that the film does not start automatically, if this happens, close the window and all open applications.
3. At this point you have to open Handbrake and choose a profile optimized for your device, in this case choose iPad.
Handbrake can process the most common media files and any DVD or BluRay source that does not contain any type of copy protection. Now select the DVD you have previously inserted into the player and select the video output settings. If a window should appear that asks you to download a program called “libdvdcss.pkg”, start the download quietly.
4. Now Handbrake must scan the film and we must indicate where we want to save it. To do this click on “Start” to start scanning and wait for the procedure to finish, which will depend on the speed of the processor.
5. After scanning, you must transfer the movie to iTunes. To do this, follow these steps:
- Open iTunes on your Mac or PC and move the movie from its location in the “Library” section of iTunes.
- The movie will be imported into the iTunes Library, in the “Movies” folder.
6. At this point you have to synchronize the movie on the iPad.
- Connect the iPad to the Mac or PC with the appropriate cable.
In the “Toolbar” select the iPad and then select “Movies” at the top of the iTunes window and click on the “Synchronize Movies” checkbox. Make sure the “Automatically sync all movies” checkbox is not checked.
Click on the box next to the film title and on “Apply” on the bottom right.
7. Now you can open the “Video” app on the iPad where you will find the movie in the Library, which you can now watch whenever and wherever you want.
Do you want to convert copy-protected DVDs? Handbrake cannot copy protected videos. This means that you need different software to copy the contents of the DVD of the movie to your hard drive (and remove copy protection).