Since you want to change the ringtone on your smartphone/tablet, look for a tutorial that explains in detail how to cut songs on Android so as to play the favorite part of a music track when you receive a call. In the next lines we will list some free applications to do this in a few simple steps.
How to cut songs on Android with Cut Music & Cut Ringtone
The first app we recommend you use to edit an audio track is Cut Music & Cut Ringtone. The software allows you to delete redundant parts of a song or music file that can be in MP3, MP4, WAV, FLAC, M4A, OGG, AAC, AMR and more.
Let’s see how it works together:
- Grab your smartphone/tablet Android, proceed with the download of the app from the Google Play Store and, after installation, start it.
- From the main screen, press the gear icon at the top right to access the Settings and then press Save as if you want to change the saving path of the output file to a favorite folder.
- Once this is done, return to the main screen of Cut Music & Cut Ringtone by pressing the arrow on the top left and press Select audio files.
- In the next screen, the complete list of songs on the device will appear. Using the tabs Phone memory, SD Card, and Browse for Folder, you can easily find the song you want to cut. Alternatively, type the title in the Search field and press Scan to find it.
- Once you have identified the file in question, press the title to play it so as to make sure that it is him and then press on the scissors to bring it in the timeline.
- Now use the two side indicators (green and red) to set the start and end points or use the green and red numbers at the top and bottom of the timeline.
- After doing this, listen to the preview by pressing the Play button or choose whether to remove the two sides of the indicators or the central part by first pressing the 3 dashes on the bottom right and then choosing Remove two sides or Remove central part according to your needs.
- If the result is to your liking, proceed with saving the personalized ringtone by tapping on the floppy disk at the top right.
- From the Save as screen, press the Type pop-up menu and choose the format to save the song from Music, Alarm, Edit or Ringtone.
- Before pressing the Save button, you can also change the name using the appropriate text field.
- Once the saving process is complete, you can set the song as your default ringtone by pressing the Make Default button or assign it to a contact by choosing Assign to Contact. Alternatively, tap on Near to access the Modified Files screen where you find all the songs cut off.
How to cut songs on Android with MP3 Cutter
MP3 Cutter is another very valid and completely free application that allows you to edit a music track quickly and easily or use an integrated feature to register it.
Let’s see the steps to follow to make the most of it:
- After downloading the MP3 Cutter from the Play Store, start it and give the necessary permissions to enable it to work properly.
- From the main screen, scroll through the list of songs on your smartphone or press the magnifying glass at the top right and type the name of the track in the appropriate field.
- Once identified, press once on its name and wait for the loading to complete by the progress bar.
- In the next step, drag the timeline to find the favorite point to crop and use the two indicators to define the area in question. Alternatively, you can use the Start and End items at the bottom to set the exact time.
- Before proceeding with the save, you can preview the song cut by tapping the Play button.
- If the result is to your liking, tap the floppy disk on the top right and then choose the type of file ( Music, Alarm, Change or Ringtone ), customize the name if you deem it appropriate and press Save.
- In the next screen ( Operation successful ), you can immediately set the song as your default ringtone by choosing Set default or assign it to a desired contact by choosing Assign to contacts. The output file can be found by following the path Internal memory > Media > Audio > Ringtones using a simple file manager for Android.
How to cut songs on Android with MP3 Cutter and Ringtone Maker
Another excellent free application that you can use to cut out the best part of your favorite song is MP3 Cutter and Ringtone Maker. The software supports the most popular audio files available at the moment (eg MP3, OGG and WAV ), allows you to set the start and end time, you can adjust the audio bitrate and much more.
Let’s see how to use it:
- From your Android smartphone or tablet, proceed to download MP3 Cutter and Ringtone Maker from the Play Store and start it once the installation is complete.
- From the screen that appears, press on MP3 and then scroll through the list that appears to find the favorite song. Alternatively, click on Recently Added at the top and select the folder from those shown, tap on the magnifying glass at the top right to find the favorite song using the search field or tap on the folder icon to choose the music track using the proposed options.
- Once you find the favorite song, press the Play button to make sure it is the right one and then press on the title to add it to the timeline.
- In the Cut Audio screen, use the two indicators to set the start and end points or rely on the respective indicators at the bottom by pressing on – and +. If you want, you can also enlarge or reduce the dimensions of the timeline by using the two magnifying glasses positioned at the top right.
- When the editing is complete, press the Play button to hear a preview. By pressing Advanced on the lower left, you can also apply a fade in and/or out using the two drop-down menus. Confirm by pressing OK.
- To proceed with saving the cut song, tap on the ✓ at the top right and, in the next screen, customize the file name through the text field below under File name, choose the format to save the track between MP3 or AAC, set the bitrate using the dedicated drop-down menu and, if desired, adjust the volume using the appropriate slider.
- Finish the operation by tapping on the Convert button. On the next screen, you can put the process in the background by pressing the Background Conversion button.
At the end of the procedure, the file can be found by pressing on the Output folder item from the main screen of MP3 Cutter and Ringtone Maker via the Audio Cut tab. From here, press on the 3 dots present at the newly modified song, choose Set as in the menu that appears and then choose whether to use it as a ringtone, alarm or notification by tapping first on the appropriate item and then on Set.
How to cut songs on Android: alternatives
In addition to the 3 free applications listed just now, you can rely on other software on your Android device that can be downloaded from the Google Play Store. Find the complete list below.