How to delete user accounts in Windows 10, in case it becomes necessary, you can easily delete the unused user account in Windows 10. In addition to reducing the clutter, deleting unused accounts from a computer also helps to recover the storage space occupied by these accounts and could even make the computer a little faster.
In this article, we show you two ways to delete user accounts on a Windows 10 computer, so you can use the one that best suits your needs.
As you can see, deleting a user account from the control panel offers the ability to save user account files in a separate folder that takes the account name.
Note: In order to delete user accounts, you need to log in with your account as an administrator or be logged in with an account with administrator privileges.
Delete user accounts from the control panel
Deleting a user account through the Windows 10 Control Panel is recommended in case you want to save the user account files to a folder on your computer.
Windows 10 automatically offers the option to save user files when you try to delete a user account through Control Panel.
1. Right click on the Windows 10 start button and click on the Control Panel.
2. On the Control Panel screen, make sure that you are in the Category view and click User Accounts.
3. On the next screen, click on the Remove User Account link.
4. Next, click on the user account you want to delete.
5. Once you click on the account you want to delete, you will see a screen below asking you if “Keep user files” or “Delete user files”. Choose the most useful option for you.
In case you decide to keep the files, Windows 10 will save the files from the users desktop and save the files that are in the folders like Documents, Favorites, videos, music and images in a new folder called with the name of the user account deleted.
After clicking on the option to keep the files, click on the Delete account button to delete the user account selected by Windows 10.
Delete user accounts using settings
The easiest way to delete a user account in Windows 10 is via the Settings app. This method is suitable for quickly erasing user accounts that are no longer used.
1. Click on the Windows 10 start button and click on Settings.
2. On the settings page, click Account.
3. On the accounts screen, click on family and other users.
4. Go ahead, click on a User account you want to delete and then click on the Remove button.
5. You will see a popup asking you to confirm you want to delete this account. Click Delete Account Data and click the button to delete the selected user account.
As mentioned by the popup warning, all data on the desktop and data that are in the user folder, such as Downloads, documents, photos and music will be lost, unless you have backed up this data on Google Drive or other.