Even on the latest Microsoft operating system you can disable the lockscreen so as to quickly access the desktop and then optimize startup times. With this guide today, therefore, we will explain in detail how to remove the screen lock on Windows 10 by performing a few simple operations.
In case you have decided to use a local user account not connected to the online one of Microsoft, then you must carefully follow the steps that we propose below:
- We start immediately by pressing the key combination Win + R to open an Execute window. In the text field type the command netplwiz and date Enter the keyboard or press the OK button to quickly access the settings of the user account.
- In the next step, choose the name of your account in the Users area for computer and untick the option The user must enter the username and password to use this computer. Confirm by pressing on Apply and finish the procedure by typing the password in the Password and Confirm password fields and click on OK to save the changes.
In case of change of mind, you can reactivate the password request every time you log in to Windows 10 by applying the check again to the entry and pressing first on Apply and then OK.
If you use your Microsoft account to log in to your PC, notebook or tablet, then you need to do a different procedure to remove the lock screen on Windows 10.
First, we recommend that you use a PIN to access your device instead of the password because it is easier to remember and faster to enter. To do this, follow the steps listed below:
- From the Start menu at the bottom left, press the gear icon to access the Settings or alternatively use the Win + I key combination.
- At this point, choose Account and then click on Sign-in Options found in the left sidebar.
- In the next step find the PIN section, press the Add button and set the numeric code you want to use to access the Windows device instead of the password.
As an alternative to PIN, if your computer supports it, you can take advantage of the Windows Hello authentication system that allows you to unlock the device using face recognition or by scanning the fingerprint (or both). Simply press the Add button below the Facial Recognition or Fingerprint entries (both under the Windows Hello section in the Access Options menu ).
Another piece of advice we give you is to remove the request to enter your password or PIN after a period of inactivity. Simply press the drop-down menu under Require Sign-in(always under Settings > Accounts > Sign-in options ) and set Never instead of When PC wakes up from sleep.
If you change your mind, you can reset the password request by disabling PIN, face scan or fingerprint, simply by clicking on Remove that you always find in the Sign-in Options menu under Settings > Accounts.