So let’s see how to enable 4K video recording on Redmi Note 5 Pro. Redmi Note 5 Pro is one of the best inexpensive smartphones around but it does not come with the 4K video recording option. In this article, we’ll tell you how to enable recording of 4K videos on Redmi Note 5 Pro.
Xiaomi is back with another “Xiaomi Redmi Note 5 Pro” ranger. The leading Chinese manufacturer known for its low-cost phones has launched an amazing phone called Xiaomi Redmi Note 5 Pro, with many features. The Redmi Note 5 Pro equipped with Snapdragon 636 processor, two variants of 4/6 GB RAM and 64 GB of internal memory, the phone works with a 4000 mAh battery
Xiaomi Redmi Note 5 Pro has a 5.99-inch screen with an FHD + resolution of 2160 × 1080p. Since this is a cheap phone, the company has decided to reduce the size of the camera to sell the device at a lower price. This is the reason why the recording of UHD 4K video is missing. Do not worry, thanks to the recognized XDA Vidhanth contributor, you can now enable 4K UHD video recording on Xiaomi Redmi Note 5 Pro.
To enable recording of UHD 4K video on your Xiaomi Redmi Note 5 Pro, first of all, you need a Redmi Note 5 Pro rooted and a root file management app like MiXplorer or Solid Explorer. We have found that the Xiaomi Redmi Note 5 Pro camera is capable of recording 4K UHD video, but somehow this option is disabled by the system-wide manufacturer. But thanks to Vidhanth, you can now enable 4K UHD video recording on Xiaomi Redmi Note 5 Pro by following these simple steps below.
How to enable 4K video recording on Redmi Note 5 Pro
Method 1: Using a file manager
- Download and install a File Explorer enabled for root. We recommend MiXplorer, it’s free; download it from here: Download MiXplorer Developer: Hootan ParsaMega.co.nzMail.ruYandex.ruMyDrive.ch Price: free
- Launch MiXplorer and grant SuperSU permissions when prompted and open /system/etc/device_features/whyred.xml.
- Find the line that says “support_camera_4k_quality“.
- Change from “false” to “true“, then save the file.
Restart your Redmi Note 5 Pro.
Method 2: use of the Magisk module
- Download the Magisk module to enable 4K video recording on Redmi Note 5 Pro.
- Copy/transfer the form to your Redmi Note 5 Pro.
- Open the Magisk Manager.
- Tap the menu and select “Forms” and touch the “+” button below.
- After tapping the ‘+’ button, you will be prompted to select the magisk module. Select the form you downloaded.
- Once the form is selected, it will be installed automatically. When the installation is complete, tap the Restart button to restart the device.
- After rebooting, go to Magisk Manager and make sure the newly installed Magisk module is active.
After successfully completing one of the two previous methods, check the Camera Settings and you will find the new “UHD 4K” option on the camera.
Select this option and activate it. This is the easiest way to enable 4K video recording on Redmi Note 5 Pro.