Export WhatsApp chat: here is the easy, fast and affordable guide for everyone. Do you want to export WhatsApp conversations to PDF on Android? Here’s how
Export WhatsApp chat
In this article, we will see how to export WhatsApp chats and conversations in PDF format easily and quickly on Android.
Without wasting time, let’s get straight to the point and see how to reach your goal in the simplest and clearest way possible.
NOTE: to export WhatsApp messages we will use the WPS Office program, one of the best in the management of Office format documents available on the Android Play Store. If you haven’t yet downloaded it to your smartphone, go immediately to the Play Store and download WPS Office for free.
That said, let’s get started!
How to export chat WhatsApp
I can guarantee you that the guide is simple and fast, also suitable for less experienced users. You’ll only need a couple of minutes of your time.
- After downloading WPS Office, open WhatsApp on Android
- Go to the chat or conversation you want to export, click on the 3 dots at the top right and select the “More> Export Chat” item
- At this point, select the “Without Media” item
- When asked which sharing app to choose, use GMail: the WhatsApp chat will be sent via GMail to your address or to what you can indicate before confirming the sending
- Once the message containing the exported WhatsApp chat has arrived on your GMail (or the one you indicated), open the TXT file attached to the email with the WPS Office program
- From WPS Office, click on “File> Export as PDF”
At this point you will have correctly exported the WhatsApp chat in PDF format on Android.
In this way you will be able to use the PDF of the WhatsApp conversation in both the legal and business areas. You will have a much more beautiful and comfortable file to use than the ugly and rough TXT file that usually exports WhatsApp.
I honestly don’t understand why, in 2020, WhatsApp is not yet able to export chats and conversations directly in PDF format, but the important thing is that we managed to find a simple, convenient and fast alternative to obtain our file in PDF format.
Export chat WhatsApp iPhone
I haven’t tested it myself, but the guide should also work on the iPhone in the same way. The WPS Office program is also available for free on the Apple App Store.
Export chat WhatsApp what does it mean?
Very simple: when you export a WhatsApp chat, it is simply copied and saved in a text file (.TXT).
Your chat will remain in its place within WhatsApp and will not undergo any changes, you will simply get a text file that contains all the messages sent and received within that conversation.
And, as anticipated, this file can be shared with others, converted to PDF, printed or otherwise based on your needs and requirements.
Here, we explained what it is for “export WhatsApp chat”.
What happens if I export the WhatsApp chat?
Absolutely nothing wrong.
Simply your chat, as anticipated, will be saved in text format on your smartphone. Nothing more.
And of course the other person in the chat will NOT know that you exported the conversation. Only you will know.