Today, we will see how to recover deleted messages on Facebook Messenger following a simple and quick procedure suitable for everyone.
A few weeks ago or a few days ago you decided to archive the conversations in Facebook Messenger and now you intend to recover all of them? Nothing could be easier! To be able to recover messages deleted by Messenger you can take advantage of 3 different methods but all very simple to follow. Among other things, you can retrieve the chats you have stored using both your PC and your smartphone or tablet.
How to recover deleted messages Facebook Messenger: PC procedure
To retrieve your archived Messenger messages, you can use your PC and the Web version of Mark Zuckerberg’s popular social network. So all you need is your computer, any valid web browser and, logically, a valid Internet connection.
- First of all, go to the Facebook website by tapping this address;
- Now sign in with your account;
- At this point, tap on the Messenger icon, placed at the top;
- Tap on the item See all on Messenger;
- Tap on the settings icon, the one with the gear symbol.
- Without this you just have to plug on the option Conversions stored and in the new screen that will appear you will be shown all the chats that you have archived during the days, weeks and months.
How to recover deleted messages Facebook Messenger: procedure for smartphones and tablets
If you want to recover messages deleted by Messenger you want to rely on your smartphone or tablet, you can proceed in two different ways. The first method is to use the Facebook Messenger app. While the second method involves the use of the browser of your mobile device. These methods apply to both Android and iOS devices.
Recovering every deleted message with the official Facebook Messenger app is very simple. Let’s see the procedure to be followed.
- First open the Messenger app;
- At this point in the search bar, which remains at the top, type the name of the chat contact to be retrieved;
- Now, select the chat with that particular contact;
- If in the past you have stored messages with that contact, you will immediately be re-proposed and you can read them again without any problem.
In a few quick steps you have redeemed the deleted messages with the contact you entered.
Another good method is to use the browser of your smartphone or tablet, such as Safari or Chrome. However you must use the website in the desktop version. Here’s how to do it.
- Open Chrome or Safari, and turn your attention to the Facebook site by tapping this address;
- Now on Safari select the share icon and the required desktop site option;
- On Google Chrome instead you opt for the menu icon, which remains at the top right, and the required desktop site option.
After the procedure described above, you can proceed with the steps you find in the computer procedure starting from point 2.
As you have seen, it is a breeze to retrieve all the archived conversations of Messenger. Logically, all the procedures we report today are valid only for archived messages and not for those completely removed. For problems in following the tutorial or questions do not hesitate to write us below where the box dedicated to comments is available.