If you have any Android device that has bootloader unlocked and you have already installed a custom recovery like TWRP Recovery, then your device is suitable to use the easiest method in the world to get root permissions, that is to flash SuperSU on Android devices. As you know, getting root permissions allows you to customize your phone by changing every aspect of the operating system.
What is SuperSU and what is it for?
SuperSU is an app to manage advanced Android permissions developed by Chainfire. Allows you to manage root permissions on Android devices once you’ve gained root access on your smartphone or tablet. Chainfire has created a SuperSU.zip file that can be “flashed” or simply installed, through a custom recovery. Flashing this .zip file allows you to install the SuperSU app in order to get root permissions easily. What does this mean? That you can flash the SuperSU zip file through a custom recovery and get root access on any Android device. If you do not know how to install TWRP Recovery on Android devices, you can read this guide.
How to install TWRP 3.0.x Recovery on Android: complete guide
How to flash SuperSU on Android with TWRP Recovery
The SuperSU app is also available in the Google Play Store, but this version does not allow root permissions, only manages to manage them after the release. So, if you also want to get root permissions, you need to download the SuperSU.zip file to your computer, unzip it and then pass it on your mobile device. Continue to find out the details of the procedure.
First you need to download the SuperSU file from the link below and follow the instructions below to flash SuperSU using TWRP Recovery, and finally get root permissions on Android devices. This is a Beta version but the advantage is that it has support for newer versions of Android (currently Android Oreo) but perhaps has some bugs (although, in our opinion, this version SuperSU Beta is quite stable).
DOWNLOAD | SuperSU-v2.82
In this short guide, you will see the procedure very simple to be able to flash SuperSU using TWRP Recovery on any device that is a smartphone or an Android tablet, regardless of the manufacturer or model of the phone. By carefully following all the necessary steps, you will be able to get root permissions and customize your device to suit your needs.
- The bootloader of the device must be unlocked.
- You must have TWRP Recovery installed on your device.
- Make a full backup of your device before proceeding: .
- Make sure you have the latest ADB and Fastboot installed on your PC/Mac.
⇒ ADB and Fastboot for PC
⇒ ADB and Fastboot for MacOS
- Make sure you have installed the latest Android USB drivers for your device on your PC.
How to get root permissions with SuperSU
- Download the SuperSU zip file from the previous link on your PC.
- Drag the SuperSU zip into the phone’s internal memory or SD card.
- Enable USB debugging on your device if it is not already enabled.
- Connect your phone to your PC/Mac. If you see the message “Allow USB debugging” on your device -> check the Always allow checkbox and tap OK.
- Open the terminal on Windows/MacOS:
PC: go to the folder where ADB and Fastboot are installed. Right-click on the empty space in the folder> Select ‘Open command window here’ or ‘Open the PowerShell window here’.
Mac: open the Applications folder, then open the Utility folder. Open the Terminal application.
- Restart in TWRP Recovery: the method to restart the mobile device in TWRP recovery can vary from device to device. The following ADB commands should work on any device.
adb reboot recovery
./adb reboot recovery
- Or, restart the Android device in TWRP Recovery with the method directly on the phone. For example, you might try to hold down the Power and Volume Down buttons at the same time. Use the volume keys to start the phone in “Recovery Mode”.
- Before proceeding it is convenient to make a backup to preserve the files on the phone.
- Select the Install item. A new screen will open in which you will have to search and select the zip file containing SuperSU that you have previously transferred.
- Click on the SuperSU zip file and you will see this screen appear.
- Scroll to the Swipe to confirm Flash button to start the flash at the bottom of the screen to confirm and begin the installation process.
- It will take very little to flash SuperSU. When finished, click on the “Wipe cache/Dalvik” button and scroll to confirm.
- Once flashed, you will see the Reboot System now option, select it and restart the device.
Congratulations! The device has now obtained root permissions. Among the applications on the device you will also find SuperSU. To confirm root permissions on your Android device, install Root Checker from Google Play and check if the procedure was successful.