The Samsung Galaxy A5 2017 is a mid-range Android smartphone that offers many features that are often found only on the flagship phones. This device uses a 5.2-inch Super AMOLED display at Full HD resolution.
It has an octa-core processor coupled with 3GB of RAM that allows it to run apps smoothly. The phone is also resistant to water and dust that allows it to be used even in extreme conditions. Although it is a solid performance phone, there are cases where certain problems can occur that we will face today.
In this latest part of our series “troubleshooting” we will talk about the problems of charging Galaxy A5 2017.
Galaxy A5 2017 charging problems
Problem: My phone was approaching 20%, so I connected it and left it for about 1/2 hours on charge. I came back and the screen marked 0% with the light at the top flashing red. Can you help me to solve it?
Solution: Since the battery has no charge at this time, the first thing you need to do is charge the phone by following the steps listed below.
- Try changing cable and adapter.
- Try changing the socket.
- Check that there are no infiltrations of water or dust that block contact.
- Clean the charging port of the phone making sure to remove dirt or debris blocked, pay attention to the tabs, can break or dent immediately.
- If it is slow to charge, charge the phone for at least 20 minutes using a wall charger. If the phone charges when the cable is positioned in a certain way, the charging port may be faulty.
- If the phone consumes the battery very quickly, uninstall the latest applications installed on the device.
- After charging the phone, turn it on by pressing and holding the power and volume buttons for at least 10 seconds. You should also check if the phone can be started in recovery mode, then perform a factory reset. The restore will erase the data from the phone.
If after the reset, on the phone without data, the problem should persist, it would be advisable to resort to one of our service center, surely it is a hardware problem.