If you love animated images so much and want to publish some of them on the popular photo social network, then we will reveal you today how to create GIF for Instagram ready to share with your followers.
- How to create GIF for Instagram with GIPHY
- How to create GIF for Instagram with GIF Me
- How to create GIF for Instagram with GIPHY CAM
- How to create GIF for Instagram: alternatives
How to create GIF for Instagram with GIPHY
Many of you will surely know GIPHY. It is a very famous website that allows you to create and share animated GIFs. This resource is used by Instagram as the main partner site where you can draw animated stickers to use for Stories.
So, to be able to use your animated images on Instagram Stories, you must first register with the GIPHY website to obtain a verified account. Once this is done, you simply upload your custom GIF to GIPHY as a sticker and wait for it to be indexed after approval. To take advantage of this method, however, you need to register as an artist or brand account.
That said, let’s see the steps to be followed specifically:
- Open the default browser on your computer and connect to the appropriate web page of the GIPHY website.
- From the screen that appears, click the Create your artist channel button or Create your branded channel based on whether you are an artist or a brand.
- Continue with the procedure by completing the registration form that appears by entering all the required data.
- After this step, press the Apply Now button and wait for a confirmation email from the GIPHY team.
- At this point, you will have to wait for an additional e-mail containing an approval or rejection message.
- In case of a positive result, open the Instagram app on your smartphone/tablet and press on the item Your story on the top left or swipe from the left edge to the right to access the Instagram Stories screen.
- After recording your story, tap the sticker icon at the top and then the one with the word GIF and a magnifying glass.
- Now, you just have to use the Search field on GIPHY, type the name of your animated image and hope that it has been indexed by the social network to be able to add it to the story.
How to create GIF for Instagram with GIF Me
If you want to make animated images starting from a video on your smartphone or from one shot with the camera, you can rely on the free app GIF Me, available for both Android and iOS. A paid version is also available which removes advertising banners and gives the possibility to use other stickers.
Let’s see how to use it together:
- Proceed with the app download from the Google Play Store on Android or the App Store on iOS and start it once the installation is complete.
- In the next step, tap the Import icon to retrieve the previously recorded video from the terminal memory or Camera to record one at the time.
- Once you have chosen the desired option, identify the file you want to transform into GIF and click on it to open it.
- Now, click on the T button in the bottom bar to add a text or on the sunglasses button to add the free stickers among those proposed.
- Once the changes have been completed, tap the arrow pointing down at the top right to download.
- In the next step, press first on MP4 and then on Save to album to save the video in the gallery. If, on the other hand, you want to upload the file directly to Instagram, tap on Instagram, wait for the export to finish and choose Story or Feed.
How to create GIF for Instagram with GIPHY CAM
The well-known website of animated GIF provides an application for Android and iOS called GIPHY CAM that allows you to create animated images using stickers, filters and frames to be applied in real time.
Let’s see together the steps to follow:
- Grab your smartphone/tablet and proceed with the download from the Google Play Store or the App Store.
- Once the installation is complete, open GIPHY CAM and give all the necessary permissions to use it.
- From the screen that appears you will have plenty of tools to take advantage of to customize the GIF according to your needs. For example, you can apply filters, stickers and frames using the respective buttons.
- To record a GIF to post later on Instagram, press and hold the red button in the middle.
- At the end, if you like the final result, save it directly to the internal memory of your Android/iOS device by pressing the Save GIF button or alternatively publish it directly on Instagram by clicking on the popular social network icon. If you want to change the recorded animated image, press the + button at the top right, make the various desired changes (eg adding filters and/or sticker ) and press NEXT in the middle.
GIPHY CAM also allows you to use a video already recorded in the internal memory of your terminal. Simply tap the gallery icon on the left of the red button, choose the desired content from the bottom pane and tap the arrow pointing to the right to go to the next step. From here, you have to follow the steps listed a short while ago.
How to create GIF for Instagram: alternatives
In addition to the 3 solutions mentioned a short while ago, there are other applications in the square that can be used to create animated images in a simple and intuitive way, to post on the well-known social network photo. Find the complete list below.
- GIF Creator (Android)
- GIF Maker (Android)
- GifGuru (Android)
- GIF Maker (iOS)
- Moment (iOS)
- ImgPlay (iOS)
- Gif Maker for Boomerang Video (iOS)