Do you have to attend a meeting with your clients for your business but can’t meet them personally? In this case you want to organise a remote video conference? But the problem is you have never done it before so you start to search on the web and find a program which suits your needs best and of course it is Zoom, am I right? Now, do you want to install it on PC but facing difficulties? Don’t worry here we will guide you step by step to download Zoom on PC.
First of all, I will show you what are the minimum requirements necessary for its operation, to be able to compare them with the specifications of your computer. Next, you will find the detailed procedure to download and install the program in question on your PC and the necessary instructions to use Zoom directly from the browser.
How do you say? Is that exactly what you wanted to know? So let’s not waste any more time chatting and get straight to the action. Courage: make yourself comfortable, cut out five minutes of free time and read the next paragraphs. By following my instructions carefully and trying to put them into practice, I assure you that you will be able to download and install Zoom on your computer without experiencing any problems. Having said that, all I have to do is wish you a good read.
- Minimum requirements to download Zoom
- How to download Zoom to PC for free
- How to use Zoom from a browser
Minimum requirements to download Zoom
Before getting to the heart of this guide and explaining, by thread and by sign, how to download Zoom to PC, let me list what are the minimum requirements to install the program in question on your computer.
As of this writing, Zoom is available for Windows, macOS and Linux with the following minimum requirements.
- Operating system: Windows XP SP3 and later; macOS 10.7 and later; Ubuntu 12.04 and later and other popular Linux distros (Mint, Red Hat, Fedora, ArchLinux etc.);
- Processor: Single Core at 1GHz (Dual Core at 2GHz recommended);
- RAM: 4 GB.
Furthermore, you need to know that a good Internet connection is required to use Zoom: for single conferences a connection of at least 600kbps is required while for group conferences at least a connection of 800kbps is required. However, an HD connection of at least 1.2Mbps/1.5Mbps is required for HD conferences.
How to download Zoom to PC for free
After making sure that your computer meets the characteristics that I have indicated in the previous lines, you are ready to download Zoom on PC for free. How to do? I’ll explain it right away!
How to download Zoom on Windows PC
All you have to do to download Zoom on Windows PC is to connect to the official website of the program, start the download and follow the instructions shown on the screen to install it on your computer.
To do this:
- Start the browser installed on your PC
- Connect to the Zoom website
- If necessary, click on the Agree and proceed and Close buttons to accept cookies and close the window that appears on the screen.
- Once this is done, select the Resources option, at the top right, and choose the Download Zoom Client item from the menu that opens.
- In the new screen that appears, locate the Zoom Client for Meetings section and press the relevant Download button to start downloading Zoom.
- Once the download is complete, double-click on the file obtained and press the Yes button, to allow the program to make changes to the computer and start the automatic installation of Zoom.
- Wait until the progress bar visible under the heading Installation reaches 100% and you’re done.
- If all went well, you should see the main Zoom screen.
- At this point, choose the option of your interest between Join a Meeting, to join an already started conference for which you know the invitation code, and Sign in, to access your account both to create a new conference and to participate at meetings organized by other users.
- In the latter case, enter your data in the Enter your email and Enter your password fields and click on the Sign in button to log in.
- If, on the other hand, you do not yet have an account on Zoom, choose the Sign up Free option, to connect to the official Zoom site and create one.
How do you say? Are you wondering how to download Zoom on Windows 10 PC? In this case, you must know that Zoom is not available in the form of an application on the Microsoft Store and that the procedure I indicated in the previous lines to download and install the program in question is identical for all the versions of Windows that support it.
Having said that, I point out that for Windows 10 Controllers for Zoom Rooms is available, a free application designed primarily for Android and iPhone/iPad devices that allows you to use the device on which the app in question is installed to manage your conference.
You must know, however, that to use the application in question it is necessary to connect the device in use to a computer in your room and on which the Zoom Rooms for Conference Room software is installed, which you can download for free from the Zoom official website, by clicking on the Download button for Zoom Rooms for Conference Room.
How to download Zoom on Mac
If your intention is to download Zoom on Mac, you must know that the procedure to follow is almost identical to what I have already indicated in the paragraphs dedicated to Windows. Even in this case, it is sufficient to connect to the official website of the program, start the download of the installer and launch the downloaded file.
- Connect to the official website of the software
- Click on the Resources item, at the top right, and select the Download Zoom Client option.
- Then press the Download button for Zoom Client for Meetings and wait for the download to complete.
- At this point, double-click on the file obtained, press the Continue button (twice in succession) and click on the Install item.
- Now enter your user account password on macOS and press the Install software button to start the installation of Zoom. Finally, click on the Close button to close the window and start the program in question.Zoom.pkg
- Now, if your intention is to take part in an already ongoing conference in which you know the invitation code, choose the Join Meeting option, enter your name and the code in your possession in the fields Your name and Meeting ID or personal link and click on the Join button, to join the conference in question without using your account.
- Alternatively, press the Sign in button, enter the data associated with your account in the Email and Password fields and click again on the Sign in button, to login.
How to use Zoom from a browser
In addition to downloading and installing Zoom on your computer, you need to know that it is also possible to use the service in a browser, both directly from the Zoom official website and by downloading the Zoom Scheduler extension for Chrome and Firefox.
Let’s see how to do it:
- In the first case, connected to the official website of the service and, if your intention is to join a conference that has already started, choose the Join a metting option located in the top menu.
- On the newly opened page, enter the code or link of the conference in question in the Meeting ID or personal link name field and click on the Join button, to access the meeting without an account.
- If, on the other hand, you want to participate in a conference using your account or you want to organize a new meeting yourself, click on the Sign in button, at the top right, enter the data associated with your account in the Email address and Password fields and press on the Sign in button, to log in.
- If you don’t have an account on Zoom yet, you can create one for free by choosing the Signup, it’s a free option.
Do you prefer to use the Zoom Scheduler extension? In this case, however, know that you can only organize new meetings: an operation that requires a Zoom account. Having said that, to install Zoom Scheduler, all you have to do is click on the links I have indicated previously and press the Add and Add extension buttons on Chrome or Add to Firefox and Install on Firefox.
At this point, regardless of the browser in use, press the Zoom icon, at the top right, enter your account data in the Email address and Password fields and click on the Sign in button, to access your Zoom account (operation to be done only the first time).
To organize a new conference, press the Zoom icon again and choose the option of your interest between Start a meeting, to organize a meeting, and Schedule to meeting, to schedule a conference. Easier than that?