Finding a person’s email address is a common problem for most people, especially when you want to stay in touch with them. It’s also a head scratcher for salespeople who need to be able to constantly reach out to potential customers. Headhunters also would be pleased to be able to get their hands on email addresses of potential job candidates who fit job position.
The good news is that there are many ways to find someone’s email address that can help you get in contact with them.
Here are 7 ways to find someone’s email address:
- Use search engines like Google and Yahoo! to search for the person’s name plus the word “email.” For example, if you want to find out the email address of Steve Jobs, simply type his name in the search box and then add “email” at the end of it. In this case, your query would be “Steve Jobs email.” You would be surprised how easy it is to find an email address by simply looking it up on Google.
- With the need for a personal brand growing every day, the odds of your potential client having a landing page or personal blog are pretty high. Look at their contact page or About page on their website or blog if they have one. From here, all the information you would possibly need should be displayed right in front of you. This can be very effective because it shows you how they want people to contact them and where their information is displayed on their website.
- Use social media sites like Facebook and LinkedIn to see if they have an account and what their profile looks like so that you can see what their email address might be listed as. Many people have their email addresses available on either LinkedIn, Instagram, or Facebook, so if you can access their social media accounts then there’s a pretty good chance you can find the information you’re looking for.
- Use a tool like an email finder, which will allow you to search through pages of email addresses that have been published online by people who are using them on their own websites or blogs. Our personal favourite one is Closely, which is much, much more than an email finder but for the sake of our use in this article, it does indeed make a great email finder.
Closely Surfer is a free extension that can pull emails from LinkedIn pages. So, if you want to find someone’s email, just type their name and surname in LinkedIn search and install the Closely Surfer extension (click on the link above). Once done, it will show the window in LinkedIn interface and you’ll be able to see people’s email addresses right on LinkedIn pages.
1 email opened will cost you 1 credit.
If you’re in sales and do LinkedIn lead generation, you’ll find it useful to be able to download the results of LinkedIn search in a CSV file in a click. Closely email finder extension for Chrome can help you do that for free.
- Search for them on Google using advanced search techniques. By searching for an email in parenthesis or the name of the person you are searching for followed by the domain name of their site, you can see if they have an email address listed on their website. Additionally, by using Rob Ousbey’s Email Permutator, you can try every possible type of name permutation in a company’s domain name to run against Google’s search engine to streamline your email hunting.
- Try calling the company and asking for the email you are looking for directly. This approach may take a little more charm and finesse as people do not love to divulge information for no reason, but it is always worth a shot asking. Do keep in mind, however, that this may not be a good idea if you are trying to remain anonymous. Additionally, you may want to send an email to the company and request that they forward it to their contact person for you so that you can get in touch with them personally. Both of these options break ground for you to start a rapport with this person and let them know who you are to create a more human interaction, rather than a more anonymous salesperson reaching out and finding you via unknown means.
- You can always search the company website for the names of employees and see if there are any email addresses listed online; this is a great way to find out who is responsible for handling customer service inquiries. From here, you can either use the website’s given email addresses, connect with a customer service rep to access the person you are looking for, or use the domain name email address style in the few emails the website did provide and apply it to the name of the person you are looking for.
There are multiple different ways to find someone, especially if all you are looking for is their email address. This list is not exhaustive but it is tried and true, tested and proven. If there are more ways you know of to access a person’s email that we missed, let us know in the comments below.