The Just Dance Controller is an app that turns your iPhone or Android into a motion sensor capable of capturing their movements and transfer them to the game Just Dance on your console, thus eliminating motion controls dedicated and expensive accessories. See how to use it.
What is Just Dance Controller?
Just Dance Controller is an app, available for iPhone and Android, that lets you play various versions of Just Dance on various consoles (PS4, Xbox One, Nintendo Switch and Wii U) using your phone as a motion sensor.
Originally, Just Dance relied on dedicated console controls to capture player movements such as Wiimote, Joy-cons, PlayStation Move or Microsoft Kinect, but with the exception of Nintendo platforms, the rest of Sony and Microsoft are optional accessories. So, to allow everyone to play, an app that talks to the game has been launched, identifying the phone as a control.
The idea was originally implemented in 2014 with Just Dance Now, a freemium web game that is still airing today, receiving constant updates.
How to use Just Dance Controller
To use Just Dance Controller, you must first have one of the following Just Dance versions:
- Just Dance 2016 (PS4, Xbox One, and Wii U);
- Just Dance 2017 (PS4, Xbox One, Wii U, Nintendo Switch, and Windows);
- Just Dance 2018 (PS4, Xbox One, Wii U, and Nintendo Switch);
- Just Dance 2019 (PS4 and Xbox One);
- Just Dance 2020 (PS4, Xbox One, Nintendo Switch, and Google Stadia).
Next, you need an iPhone running iOS 10 or later, or an Android phone running Marshmallow version 6.1.1 or later. With everything in hand, do the following:
- Go to apps.apple.com or play.google.com,
download and install Just Dance Controller on your phone;
- Open Just Dance on your console and the app on your phone;
- Make sure both devices are on the same network;
- In the console, in the option of how to play, select the phone;
- With the phone, scan the QR code that will be displayed on the TV screen;
- The console and phone will sync.
That done, you can now use your phone to play Just Dance on your console. Just remember that the device must always remain in the right hand so that the movements are captured correctly.