Has someone hacked your Instagram profile? Did they change your password? What to do if your Instagram profile has been hacked and how to recover it
Instagram profile hacked? Here are the solutions at your disposal
Unfortunately, on the web I read more and more often people who have hacked the Instagram profile.
Because of carelessness, either because these users used an unsafe password, or because they tried to use one of the many internet sites that promise like and free followers but that do not work, but the result is always the same: hacked Instagram profile, password changed and goodbye to all the photos, videos and what they uploaded on the Instagram profile over time.
But what can you do when someone hacked your Instagram profile?
Is there a way to recover a hacked Instagram profile?
The answer is obviously affirmative and in this article we will see together what can be done to recover it, even in just 48 hours. The procedure really works, the problem is that, like everything else about Instagram, it works for a few and not for everyone.
But trying does not cost anything, so if you have hacked the Instagram profile here’s what you need to do now to try to recover it.
What to do to recover Instagram profile hacked and stolen
If your Instagram profile has stolen or hacked, do not despair, all is not lost. I can not guarantee that we will be able to recover it, but do not panic, armed with strength and courage and make a last attempt.
1 – Request access assistance
The first thing to do is to try access from the mobile application and click on ‘Request access assistance’.
You will be asked to enter one of:
- telephone number.
If you’re lucky, maybe with one of these 3 you can reset the password and recover the Instagram account.
But if the hacker has been clever he has already changed all this data and you probably will not be able to restore your account so easily.
Did not you manage to recover your Instagram account? Let’s proceed with the guide!
Click on “Need more help?” Which appears on the Instagram login screen.
2 – Send assistance request via Instagram
At this point you can send the request for assistance to Instagram.
IT CAN NOT BE SAID THAT YOU WILL SURELY RECEIVE ANSWER, BUT STILL YOU SHOULD TEST THE SAME.
I recommend, try to be as clear as possible and explain the problem in the most precise and detailed way possible. The more details you provide, the more likely you are to be helped by the Instagram staff.
Among the data you MUST enter, I remind you:
- the name of the original account you can not access
- the time and day when the problem started to occur
- if it is a personal or business profile and then connected to a Facebook page
- the email address with which the account is registered
- an email address to be contacted
Send the request and cross your fingers. Instagram will NOT respond automatically and will NOT give you any feedback.
If you are lucky, you will receive assistance after a few hours/day, if you are unlucky you will never receive an answer.
3 – How to contact Instagram via email
Before losing hope, try asking for assistance on the Facebook Instagram page or contact their Twitter channel.
You can also send an email to the official address of the Instagram support, which is firstname.lastname@example.org.
4 – Contact the Facebook support also for Instagram
Maybe you do not know it, but Facebook support also answers for Instagram.
The fastest way to get in touch with an operator is to use chat.
In theory, with the chat you should be able to talk to a human operator who should be able to help you solve your problem (but it is not said).
Waiting times are quite long, but even in this case, when you talk to the operator, remember to communicate:
- a brief description of the problem encountered, including the date of the last access to the account and the way in which you lost access
- the e-mail address or the mobile number connected to the account (if the registration is associated with a phone number, also specifies the type of device used eg iPhone, Android, iPad, other)
- any usernames used previously
- everything that can be used to explain your problem in the best way and make the operator understand that someone has actually stolen or hacked the Instagram account.
How much time do you have to wait before getting assistance from Instagram?
In general, if you are lucky, you will usually be contacted in about 72 hours (3 days) by the Instagram/Facebook team.
Often, however, requests for assistance are ignored and never receive any response from the Instagram team.
If nobody answered you after 72 hours, try opening a new chat, explaining the problem again and crossing your fingers.
As already mentioned several times, however, assistance does not always respond promptly and solves the problem on two feet. It depends very much on luck: some users receive assistance immediately, others after 3-4 days, others never. And you do not understand what it depends on.
How not to be hacked on Instagram
Before concluding with this article, I leave you with a couple of tips that could help you protect your Instagram account by keeping thieves and hackers away.
What to do to protect your account and Instagram profile to the maximum?
- Change passwords often
- Have different passwords for different accounts (if you have them)
- Insert a contact email in the bio that is different from the one used to open the account
- Use 2-factor authentication
- Do not bother with phishing emails
- Never give anyone your Instagram password
- Do not enter your Instagram password in any other site
- Do not log in with Instagram data in those programs or portals that promise you Like and Follower for free
- Revoke access to third-party apps that may be suspicious
I hope I have clarified all your doubts about the stolen and hacked Instagram account.
If you have any further questions or concerns, please leave a comment at the end of the article and we’ll get back to you as soon as possible.