Android P Beta is now available for a range of non-Google devices and is a significant step towards a much brighter future of Android updates. In this guide we will explain how to download and install Android P Beta on Sony Xperia XZ2.
Google recently released Android P Beta along with the second developer preview. Thanks to Project Treble, unlike in previous years, Android P Beta is available on a handful of other Android devices other than pixel phones like Essential Phone, Nokia 7 Plus, Sony Xperia XZ2 and others. But getting the beta version of the ninth version of Android is not easy for non-pixel phone owners.
In this article, I will guide you to get Android P Beta on Sony Xperia XZ2 in the easiest way possible. Keep reading. For a brief introduction, the Sony Xperia XZ2 is powered by Qualcomm Snapdragon 845 SoC with Adreno 630 GPU and 4 or 6 GB of RAM. The display uses Sony’s patented triluminous display technology.
How to install Android P Beta on Sony Xperia XZ2
Note that you will not have the custom skin of Sony on Android P because it has not yet been released. Your user interface will be based on the official Android firmware.
- Download and install Sony Xperia companion v2.1 on your PC by following the link: Download Sony Xperia Companion v2.1.
- Open it on your computer.
- Press and hold the ALT key on the PC and click “Software Repair” on the main screen
- Check the “Can not detect or start the device” checkbox, then click “Next”
- Wait for the initialization to complete, then follow the instructions on the screen.
Compliments! You are a beta tester now.
It is not yet confirmed if it will be available for XZ2 Compact. So make sure your Sony Xperia XZ2 is one of the models H8216, H8266 or H8296. You can verify it by following these steps:
- Open the Settings app.
- Click on Info on the phone.
- Check the model number from the menu.
Note: we recommend that you fully charge the device before proceeding. Do not leave the process in the middle before it is completed. We will not be liable for damage to the device during or after installing Android P Beta on Sony Xperia XZ2.
Let us know your experience with Android P Beta. Stay tuned to how you get Android P Beta on other devices as they become available.