No longer just text, now you can also communicate with funny images. Here’s how you can get the Bitmoji keyboard on Android. We have created this simple guide that will help you to install the Bitmoji keyboard on Android devices to create the famous avatars to customize in the form of funny cartoon. In addition, we will also tell you how you can use them as you normally do on iOS devices. You do not need any root method to run on your phone, but just a simple process and in no time you will get the Bitmoji keyboard on Android. Let’s see how to do it.
It was not enough just emojis, GIF and anything else to enrich the messaging we use with our apps like WhatApp, Instagram and other social applications. This new form of communication has developed more after the possibility of creating Memoji on iPhone X with iOS 12. A unique method to customize the face of users with cute avatars. Instead in this article we will see how this possibility is also given to messaging on Android devices.
How to install the Bitmoji keyboard on Android
All you need to do to create your personalized Emojis is to follow the instructions that we provide below. Following this brief procedure you can easily install the Bitmoji keyboard on Android. In addition, at the end of the guide, we will also show you how to create your Avatar using the Bitmoji keyboard on Android.
These are the free apps you need to add emojis and your posts and comments on Facebook and other social media. Open Google Play on your Android device and install the following apps: Gboard and Bitmoji :
DOWNLOAD | Gboard: The Google keyboard
DOWNLOAD | Bitmoji – Your emoji avatar
- Before proceeding you must create a Bitmoji profile through an account, if you have not already done so before.
- Once you are logged in with your username and password, now is the time to enable Gboard and Bitmoji.
- Open Settings on your Android phone or scroll down the notification panel and touch the gear icon.
- Scroll down and search for the language and input. Once found, click on it. (Samsung devices: general management -> Language and input).
- Now click on Keyboard and input methods. Samsung users must touch on-screen Keyboard -> Manager Keyboards.
- A new pop-up will appear. Tap Select keyboards.
- Enable both Gboard and Bitmoji Keyboard by flicking the on/off button.
Set up Gboard as the default keyboard
- Return to the main screen. Click on the Gboard app.
- A blue button will appear in the middle of the screen saying Enable in setting. Touch it.
- Now on the next screen, tap Select input method.
- Touch the Gboard option.
- Go ahead and on the next page tap Set permissions.
- Tap on Allow to proceed.
- At the end, touch Done to finish.
How to use Bitmoji in a message
Now you are ready to use the Bitmoji keyboard with your social networks. Now you can create an avatar with your favorite expression in the cartoon version. Or choose the stickers that best represent you from a large library and use them in text messages, chats or status updates. This app is compatible with most social and messaging apps.
You can use the Bitmoji keyboard with the following apps:
Facebook | Facebook Messenger | Google Hangout | Google Allo | Android Messages | WhatsApp | Twitter.
Now let’s look at how to use the keyboard inside messaging apps, which is the main reason why we use these keyboards.
How to use Bitmoji with WhatsApp
- Open WhatsApp on your Android phone.
- Touch the text field. You can easily find it but you’re not going to confuse the text bar with the search bar.
- On your Gboard keyboard, you’ll see an icon located at the bottom left of the screen. Tap on it.
- You will see different options to choose from. Touch the Bitmoji icon.
- Now click on the search bar and search for your favorite Bitmoji avatar. Once you find the one you want, click on it and then tap the submit button.
How to use Bitmoji with Facebook
Let’s see how to add the Bitmoji in a new post. Here is the procedure:
- You must first create a new Facebook post.
- Now you have to press on the text field to open the keyboard.
- At this point, hold down the globe icon at the bottom of the keyboard. You will see the list of keyboards appear.
- Select Bitmoji Keyboard.
- Choose and press the Bitmoji you like to add it to your post.
Now let’s see how to add a Bitmoji to a comment. This is a slightly more difficult procedure than the previous one.
- Go to open the Bitmoji app (you recognize it because the icon is a green comic with a smiley face and you find it in the app drawer).
- Select the Bitmoji you prefer.
- Press the Save button at the bottom of the screen.
- Now you have to go to the Facebook post where you want to add the comment.
- At this point, press the camera icon next to the comments text field and select the Bitmoji image. Done. When you have published the comment you will see the Bitmoji appear.
That’s all. Now you can have fun creating and sharing your avatar.