If you have already lost control of the groups in which you participated on Facebook, you may want to get out of some of them – especially from those which general many notifications. However, entering the page of each of the groups and asking them to switch off can be tiring …
To get an idea, according to the social network, a person can participate in up to 6,000 groups (six thousand!). After reaching this limit, it is necessary to leave some groups to be able to enter other (more!). If this is your problem or if you are far from reaching this limit but need to organize your feed, know how to leave all Facebook groups at once – and do so with a few clicks on the computer.
How to view all groups that you participate in Facebook
- Go to facebook.com/groups;
- There will be the favorites, the ones you manage, the ones that participate and the ones that are archived.
Exit from all Facebook groups
To leave all Facebook groups in a few clicks you can choose to use a plugin for Google Chrome. Go to the store and look for the “Toolkit For FB by PlugEx”.
Some extension features are premium (paid), but the mass delete group feature is free. See how it works and learn how to leave groups on Facebook.
- Download and install the ;
- You need to be logged in to Facebook, access the social network;
- Click the plugin icon at the top of the browser;
- Scroll the window that opens until you find “Removal Tools” ;
- Click “Leave Multiple Facebook Groups”;
- Select the groups you want to exit by activating the “on-off” key;
- Click the button below “Start Leaving Facebook Groups”.
The developer asks to use the tool “carefully”. “There is a limit to the number of requests you can send to Facebook API servers,” he warned. Therefore, avoid making too many requests on the platform in sequence.