Back again to talk about Fortnite, the phenomenon of the moment that is depopulating on any platform and that will eventually arrive on Android, after landing only a few days ago on Nintendo Switch.
In today’s guide, in particular, we will explain to PS4 console owners how to play Fortnite using a mouse and keyboard. As you can surely imagine, playing Fortnite using a mouse and keyboard allows you to be much more precise in your battles and to defeat enemies in an easier and more immediate way than the classic joystick.
And then do not forget that using a keyboard and a mouse, in addition to a more precise aim, we will map the weapons and the different constructions, one for each key, without having to switch in sequence one after the other with the Triangle button of the PS4 controller. Comfortable!
We will always have at hand each of the 5 weapons, we can move from one to another simply by pressing the keys from 1 to 5 and, moreover, as soon as an enemy hits us, we can build a fortress around us in less than no time.
So, if you are also looking for the best way to play Fortnite on PS4 by connecting mouse or keyboard, with wire or bluetooth, from a read to this guide and find out how to do it. You can bring your Fortnite games to another level, I assure you!
You will be able to play Fortnite just as you do on the PC version and you will also have the key mapping available to customize each individual game command.
That said, let’s see how to use any USB and Bluetooth keyboard and mouse to play Fortnite on PS4.
How to connect a keyboard and a mouse to the PS4
You will see for yourself that the procedure is very simple. The PS4 is in fact already prepared to recognize external devices, both USB and Bluetooth, such as mouse or keyboards.
In fact, if you have a mouse and keyboard with cable/wire, just insert them in the USB ports of the console and will be immediately recognized automatically.
Things do not change much if you have a keyboard and a Bluetooth mouse. In this case it is enough:
- turn on the device and put it in binding mode (read the instructions of your product to understand how)
- on the PS4 go to the menu: Settings> Devices> Bluetooth devices
- the mouse or keyboard you want to associate appears in the menu
- select the device to connect and follow the simple on-screen instructions
After doing this, going to Settings> Devices in the dedicated menus you can also adjust the sensitivity of the mouse and have access to advanced settings for the keyboard. Just like on PC, but in this case you can play directly with your PS4.
Keys and controls to play Fortnite PS4 with mouse and keyboard
Now that you’ve connected your mouse and keyboard to the PS4, you need to know that there are default commands to control the character, but you can map and customize the commands freely to suit your style of play.
The main controls are these:
- you can move inside the game world using the classic “WASD”
- jump with the space bar
- to shoot use the left mouse button and aim with the right mouse button
- the weapon is recharged with R
- to run, use the left SHIFT key
- you can quickly change weapon by pressing keys 2 to 6
- the pick-up with L is activated / deactivated
- the map can be consulted with the M key
Nothing could be simpler.
As mentioned above, however, all the controls are modifiable. As?
Simply entering the dedicated menu in the main menu> icon with the 3 horizontal segments at the top right> gear icon> Input tab.
Easy and fast!
We have concluded with this new guide dedicated to Fortnite.
For any doubt or question leave a comment at the end of the article and we will reply as soon as possible!
Our other Interesting Guide on Fortnite :
- Unlock 60 FPS In Fortnite For Android To Play Better
- How To Get 15000 V-Bucks In Fortnite Mobile FREE
- How to solve Fortnite has Stopped Error in Android
- Fortnite: how to use mouse and keyboard on PS4
- How Many Gigabytes of Internet Fortnite Consume?
- Fortnite Lag Problem, What to do?