Not sure how to record calls on OnePlus 6? Do not worry, the function is only hidden by default. In this guide, we will explain how to enable native call recording on OnePlus 6. There are 4 different ways to do this and one of these does not even require root.
Fortunately, it is not so difficult to enable the OnePlus 6 call recording feature. There are several methods to do this and all are listed below. All credits go to the XDA Forum member for Shadowtep for writing all the methods listed below.
Please note: it may be illegal in your country to record calls with/without notifying the other party that the call is being recorded. In both cases, you are responsible for the use of this mod.
How to record calls on OnePlus 6 [no root]
Before proceeding, you need to know that once you have configured call recording with this method, you will not find it again when you restart. Which means you’ll have to redo the following steps every time you reboot your device, to get call recording. Also, note that this is the only non-root method to achieve this goal; other methods need the root.
Make sure you have ADB and Fastboot installed on your PC: Guide to install and configure ADB
Enable USB debugging on your OnePlus: Guide to enable USB debugging
Go to the folder where ADB was installed on your PC.
Open the command window from within the folder: hold down Shift + Right click> Select ‘Open command window here’.
Connect your OnePlus device to your PC via USB cable.
Run the following command to make sure that ADB is working properly:
If your device is connected correctly, you will see some outputs [with some sort of device name and serial number] in the command window.
Run the following command to enable call logging:
adb shell settings put global op_voice_recording_supported_by_mcc 1
You have done.
Method 2: Through a simple app [Root]
- Download and install the app: Download the app
- Install the app like a regular APK.
- Open the app and grant root permissions.
Method 3: Magisk Module [Root]
- Download the Magisk Call Recorder OnePlus module by clicking here: Download the Magisk module
- Copy the zip file of the magisk module to your device.
- Open Magisk Manager and import the form.
- Restart if necessary.
Method 4: Build.prop edit [Root]
- Open a file explorer of your choice.
- Go to the system folder. Tap the ‘build.prop’ file to open it. Or you can use the app: DownloadBuildProp Editor
- Search for the phrase “persist.sys.oem.region”. Change the value from ‘Overseas’ to ‘CN’ and save the file.
- Make sure the file has the appropriate permissions, which is 0644 (rw-rr-).
Well, here you are. These are the four methods for recording calls on OnePlus 6. Depending on whether the device was rooted or not, you can choose one of the methods mentioned above.