How to remove ads from Spotify on Windows and MAC so as to have the Premium version without paying for subscription
Remove Advertising from Spotify on Windows and MAC
Spotify is the queen app for music streaming, for 10 dollars a month you will have access to millions of songs, but there is also a free version that through the inclusion of advertising you can listen to all the songs without paying.
If you do not like listening to all the streaming music on Spotify without advertising, here we are going to see how to permanently block the advertisements of Spotify on Windows and MAC.
The trick is to modify the HOST file of Windows and MAC so as to block all the advertisements of Spotify that will no longer be able to reproduce them because the advertising will be there but we will not hear anything because the program will not take any sound.
How to edit hosts files on Windows and block the advertising of Spotify
- To edit the host file you need to go to the C:/Windows/System32/drivers/etc/ directory
- Find the host file and click with the right mouse button and select the item Open With -> Find Windows Notepad
- Now that you have opened the host file, you can edit it as a normal text file and proceed with the change that we will describe later.
How to edit hosts file on macOS and block Spotify advertising
- Start the Terminal from Applications -> Utilities or start it via Spotlight
- Type the command cd/private/etc/ to go to the folder containing the file
- Type sudo pico hosts
- Enter the password of your account on Mac and click Enter
- The hosts file screen will appear on Mac OS X: move down the last line of the file with the arrow keys
- Enter the chosen IP address and hostname, also by copy/paste
- Press CTRL + O to save
- Press CTRL + x to exit the terminal.
HOSTS file to block advertising on Spotify
Now that we have seen how to modify the host file on Windows and MAC you have to copy it in the file after the following lines:
and insert the contents for Windows and MAC that you find below.
Edit the host file on Windows by copying the following lines
Edit the host file on MAC by copying the following lines
Here is that once you have modified and saved the hosts file on Windows and MAC we will have obtained 100% blocking of advertising on Spotify.