GTA Online is Rockstar Games’ multiplayer GTA V mode. In this open world, set in the fictional state of San Andreas, up to 30 players (per server) can participate in cooperative and competitive missions, in addition to exploring all locations in the region. It all sounds like a lot of fun (and it is), but it can quickly become frustrating to be harassed by toxic behavior by some players.
I’m being bullied in GTA Online. What to do?
The recommendation of Rockstar Games support, if you are being chased by an abusive player is to silence or even block the aggressor. This will prevent you from finding it again in GTA Online.
However, there is no native and in-game way to do this. If you want to block someone, you will have to proceed according to the platform you are using:
- In your PSN account (through the website or directly on the console) go to “Friends”;
- Choose the player you want to block;
- Click on the information menu (three dots) next to the name;
- Select “Block”.
On Xbox One
- Select “Friends” and open any message from the player you want to block;
- Choose “Open Gamercard”
- You can now choose between “Mute” or “Block”.
- Log in to the Social Club;
- At the top of the page, search for the name of the person you want to block;
- Select this person’s Social Club account;
- Click “Block” in the options below the player’s name and confirm.
Again, the ideal would be to have a faster, more intuitive function and already within the game for this. In the game options menu, for example.
How to report a player in GTA Online
Again, a quick in game option is missing for this. Reporting a player will depend on your platform and will follow the path of each one.
- Find this player’s Online ID and then go to his profile;
- Select “Options” and then “Report”;
- Choose the reason for the complaint;
- Follow the instructions shown and send.
Tip: if the person you want to report is already on your friends list, follow the procedure in the previous topic and, instead of blocking it, choose “Report”.
Microsoft maintains a page explaining in detail its standards of conduct for the Xbox community ( read here).
If you need to report a player, follow the steps:
- Press the Xbox button on the controller to open the panel;
- Go to “People” and follow the procedures shown to find the player;
- In the profile of those looking for, select “Report”;
- Choose one of the reasons for the report and submit.
If you’re playing GTA Online through Steam, Valve’s platform has a page with different ways to make various types of reports: from toxic players to inappropriate content in communities, profiles and discussions.
- To report a player, open the person’s profile in the Steam Community;
- Click on “More” in the upper right corner;
- Choose the “Report violation” option;
- Select the reason and write a brief description.