How to repost a video or an image on Instagram. There are several ways to repost photos or videos on your Instagram feed or Instagram Stories.
There are a lot of apps on iOS and Android to republish photos and videos on Instagram and, for the most part, offer a similar experience.
Most of the apps available are free, but often have additional features limited to paid updates. (App for iOSis one of the few options available completely free, with no strings attached.)
Repost for Instagram
Repost for Instagram is a popular option available for Android and iOS users, and all the key features of the app are available for free.
Here’s how it works:
- Use the Instagram app to find the image or video you want to republish. Tap the three gray dots in the upper right corner of the post and touch Copy link
- You should receive a telephone notification. Tap the notification Get copied link to open the image in the Repost app for Instagram.
- You can choose where a thin watermark will appear with the name of the Instagram user and choose between a light or dark theme. (To completely remove the watermark, you will have to pay an upgrade).
- Tap Repost and the caption will automatically be copied to the clipboard. (If you’re republishing a video, it may take a minute or two to complete this step.)
- In the pop-up window that opens, touch Open in Instagram.
- Perform normal image publishing operations: crop, add filter, touch and hold to paste the caption and tap Share.
The beginning of the caption will include: #Repost @username (@get_repost) but you can remove it before posting, if you wish.
If you have multiple Instagram accounts, be sure to browse and select the image using the Instagram account you’d like to post from. This way, when Instagram reopens, you will need to log in to the correct account.
Download: Instagram Repost for Android (free)|
Watch the video guide click here
Restore photos using screenshots
If you prefer not to use a third-party app, an easy way to share a photo on Instagram is to take a screenshot on your phone and upload it to Instagram. With that said, be sure to add the original Instagram username to the caption so that you can credit them correctly.
Repost downloaded Instagram videos
If you want to post a video, you can first download it from Instagram. There are some ways to download an Instagram video to your phone or computer:
- upload the video to your phone using the Android app QuickSave for Instagram or app for iOS (both with built-in features repost).
- Or download the video using a website like Dredown. This site works on desktop and mobile browsers. If you download it to your desktop, you will need to transfer the video file to your phone.
Once you have the video on your phone, you can publish it on Instagram as you would any other video, using the same guidelines as above for the caption and labelling
Republish on your stories
If you want to publish an image or a video on your stories Instagram, Instagram has incorporated this feature into the app. Once you find the post you want to add to your stories, follow these steps:
- Tap the Send button directly below the image.
- At the top of the list, touch Add post to your story.
- The image will open in the Instagram Stories interface with the Instagram user’s handle included under the photo. You can add stickers, text and more. For example, you could use the text function to tag the Instagram user so that you are notified that you’ve added your image to your stories.
- Tap the + button to post your story.
Videos republished in your stories will not play until your followers touch and open the original post.
It is also worth noting that although this feature is available to everyone, if an Instagram user has the option disabled, it will not be possible to share their images with their own stories.
There are some things to keep in mind when republishing other people’s content. Everyone does not like their content being republished on Instagram, so be prepared for someone to contact you and ask you to remove their image.
And when you republish someone else’s content, make sure you always give credit by including their username in the caption. In this way, your followers can go to their feed, and they will also receive a notification that you have posted their photo or video.